Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines

Books and Magazines Please use this forum to review or discuss books and magazines.

Old 27th May 2017, 17:17

AMC is on a distinguished road
Luftwaffe Block Buster

I wonder if many members have heard of this Luftwaffe block buster "Air War Over Europe 1939-1945". (Wolf)
I have many books on Military Aviation, but was not aware of this one until quite recently.
Christer Bergstrom gives a much better review in Amazon than I could ever do, so refer to this for a definitive review from a much respected author.
This book is A4, over 800 pages with much colour (maps, profiles, and artwork for good measure).
It has many stories of individual pilots and combats.
It is now the best book, by a mile I have on the Luftwaffe.....
I have noticed in recent times some huge, superb military books fall under the media radar, almost unnoticed for some reason. These might have taken years to write and deserve more acclaim for their authors. This is just one of them...
https://www.luftkrieg-ueber-europa.de/en/
Old 27th May 2017, 17:51
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about
Re: Luftwaffe Block Buster

It was discussed some time ago here: http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/showthread.php?t=46964
Old 27th May 2017, 18:11

AMC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Beale View Post
It was discussed some time ago here: http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/showthread.php?t=46964
Somehow I missed that discussion completely.....
Old 27th May 2017, 22:16
Alter Hase

edwest2 will become famous soon enoughedwest2 will become famous soon enough

I am quite surprised that some publishers of World War II aviation books don't get the word out. It is a maxim in online advertising that one develops a list of sites and posts to all of them. Granted, there are some non-Luftwaffe sites that deal with other interests that have odd and even ludicrous names, which does not help - at all.

Ed
Old 5th June 2017, 11:36

FalkeEins will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMC View Post
It is now the best book, by a mile I have on the Luftwaffe.....
I for one am always a little wary of authors who feel the need to list virtually the entire Osprey Aces collection in their bibliography - in my Kindle edition that's three whole pages.