Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Post-WW2 Military and Naval Aviation

Post-WW2 Military and Naval Aviation Please use this forum to discuss Military and Naval Aviation after the Second World War.

Old 27th January 2022, 16:07
Alter Hase

Jukka Juutinen is an unknown quantity at this point
Death of George Beurling

Robert Gandt writes in his Angels from the Sky that many people who witnessed the accident that resulted in the death of Beurling and another volunteer pilot en route to Israel believed it was sabotage. Has there been any in-depth analysis of the crash?
Old 29th January 2022, 18:54
Alter Hase

Teresa Maria is on a distinguished road
Re: Death of George Beurling

I remember having once read about it, but unfortunately, I don't remember the title of the book. I guess there was an analysis, but I don't remember any details. Here they say that sabotage was suspected but never proven: http://www.century-of-flight.freeola...20Beurling.htm