Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Allied and Soviet Air Forces

Allied and Soviet Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the Air Forces of the Western Allies and the Soviet Union.

Old 15th September 2017, 17:31
Alter Hase

Teresa Maria is on a distinguished road
Question Viktor Grigoriyevich Korolev

Dear All,
Do you happen to know the exact date of birth of Viktor Grigorievich Korolev?
I've only been able to find the year 1922...
http://airaces.narod.ru/all10/korol_v.htm

Thank you very much in advance.
Old 19th September 2017, 13:41
Alter Hase

researcher111 will become famous soon enough
Re: Viktor Grigoriyevich Korolev

Hi there ,

By chance and since he fought and died on the Romanian Front which is a subject I am dealing with, I know his exact birth details ......I was wondering if you could tell me
the purpose you are after this pilot's life ?
Old 19th September 2017, 20:34
Alter Hase

Dear Researcher 111,
Thank you very much for your answer. I'm very glad that you can answer my question.
As for the purpose, you may well laugh, but my interest is fighter pilots' biographies is mainly a hobby. They fascinate me and, actually, I'm often interested in pilots whom I find handsome. I hope this is a sufficient reason for you to give me Viktor's date of birth.
Thank you very much in advance.
Old 20th September 2017, 14:46
Alter Hase

Hello , according Marinsky's memoirs he was born 24.3.1923 ...however I can not confirm this info as correct or wrong . On his final radio transmission he indicated to the group he's well though shortly thereafter veered off course presumed as WIA or still suffering from his appendicits, leading to high velocity crash somewhere near Turgul Frumos .As of today he's MIA and the title of HSU which he was recommened for was never awarded post his death . Worth to mention that already by end of March while airborne he suffered an attack of appendicits which in case he may have been operated at Todireni this may have not qualified him for combat flight duty just 30 days later ....there is much mystery about him and his death and perhaps for a good reason the Stalinist Soviets in similar to many other cases did not want any publicity .

As into your passion , definitely I had a good laugh !

Last edited by researcher111; 20th September 2017 at 15:21.
Old 20th September 2017, 15:25
Alter Hase

Dear Researcher 111,
Thank you very much for your answer. Poor Viktor! He was even younger when he died than I thought. May he rest in peace.

So, this is another paradox of my passion for fighter pilots. On the one hand, I find them fascinating, but on the other hand, I feel sorry for them... The poor guys had to die so young... No wonder I'm a pacifist and I think people should never die for the interests of the arms industry (in fact, that was also of true of the Second World War: Hitler started 'reviving the economy' by developing the German arms industry) or, as, it often takes place nowadays, for the interests of the oil industry...
Old 20th September 2017, 23:33
Alter Hase

All what I can say is that I totally agree with you , in addition I wanna say that people haven't learned a thing from the past conflicts gearing thenselves into new conflicts and like in the past for the interest of the industrial might and politicians