Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 15th March 2005, 14:34

derekfarman
Research Help needed.

Fellow members,
I wonder if there is someone who can help me?
I am currently reseaching a raid on the east coast sea port of Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England on 7 May 1943.
Contemporary sources describe the aircraft as having been Fw190s attacking the town for the first time carrying 500kilo incendiary bombs.
I would like to find out more about the attacking squadron but have had limited luck.
Now comes my request... can anyone suggest either primary or secondary sources that might help me to narrow down my search?
I assume that the aircraft were based in the Low Countries or even north west France. So if I can pinpoint squadrons flying Fw190s and performing that particular role in the spring of 1943, I should have a pretty solid lead.
Any help will be gratefully received.
Thanking you in advance,
Derek Farman
Old 15th March 2005, 15:58

Dave Wadman
190s against Great Yarmouth

Derek,

The unit would have been the II./SKG 10.
An excellent source for info on this and other similar raids against East Coast targets is 'Luftwaffe Fighter-Bombers over Britain' by Chris Goss (Crecy Publishing ISBN 0-947554-97-1).

Another good source of info for this period may be found in 'The Blitz - Then & Now vol.3'.

HTH

Dave