Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 1st May 2011, 12:21

pilot05 is on a distinguished road
Luftwaffe Fighter Ace: Norbert Hannig

Dear Gentlemen,

does anybody own a copy of the ENGLISH version of this book?
"Luftwaffe Fighter Ace - Norbert Hannig. From the eastern front to the defence of the homeland."

I have a German copy and I wanted to check if there are any differences between the two versions for a specific event described in the book.

Would be happy if anybody could help me.
Thanks a lot,
pilot05
Old 1st May 2011, 21:27
Alter Hase

Nokose will become famous soon enough
Re: Luftwaffe Fighter Ace: Norbert Hannig

Pilot05,
Give me a PM for what your looking for and I'll check my copy(It's in English).
Old 21st May 2011, 21:59

yogybär is on a distinguished road

I had both versions and compared. There are big differences.

1) The german publisher did some changes w/o asking Mr. Hannig about it. Mr. Hannig complained about this in the interview I did with him:
http://yogysoft.de/hannig_en.htm
2) The english version contains some thoughts about politics which are not included in the german version.

I sold my german version because I do not want to support such a publisher, who seems to falsify testimonies of people (like Hannigs book) in order to change our picture of history.
Old 3rd August 2016, 14:39
Alter Hase

Teresa Maria is on a distinguished road

Actually, the English version is available online:

http://www.walk77.com/dog/files/luft...ighter_ace.pdf

By the way, I find it sometimes confusing when Mr Hannig uses the term 'Staffelkapitaen' instead of the captain's name, and one has to go a few pages back to find out whom he means. For example, on page 123, he says:
'The Staffelkapitän went down with appendicitis and had to go into hospital for an operation.'
Does he mean Udo Hünefeld (p. 115: 'The Staffelkapitän of 1/JGr Ost was Oberleutnant Udo Hünefeld, he of the short match drawn when it had been time to vacate Kiev-West.'), or maybe Emil 'Bully' Lang (p. 113: 'My Staffelkapitän, Leutnant Emil Lang, had already been informed.')?