Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Community > On Offer

On Offer Please place your on offer ads here, however 12oclockhigh.net cannot be held accountable for any deal conducted through our forum.

Old 21st October 2009, 18:10

codebook is on a distinguished road
Exclamation New book about German manufacturer codes of WW2 !!

Hello everybody!

After a long time of work my book "Deutsche Fertigungskennzeichen bis 1945" about the secret German manufacturer codes up to 1945 is finished. Maybe someone is interested in it.

Although this topic has been dealt with before, the extent and utility of previous treatments has not been complete in the existing literature. My new book, resulting from long term research, will serve all collectors and military historians as a primary reference for identifying the manufacturers on weapons, ammunition and every kind of military equipment (clothes, pouches, helmets, medals and so on).

The book has more than 500 pages, is sorted in two ways (after codes and after company-names), contains all military code systems (early abbreviations, number-codes, letter-codes, LDO-numbers for medals & insignias and the RZM-numbers for NSDAP- & SS-equipment). I have also added about three pages with identified codes following "ozz" (like "swj" for Steyr and so on). There are many mistakes in names and addresses in the old lists. I have check EVERY name and address, so I hope to have limited the mistakes to the minimum.

The text-part is written in German and English language.
It's very important to know the background and the development of the code systems. I have found many original documents in archives to reproduce the way of the development step by step.

There is no commercial distribution planned to dealers outside Germany, so if someone might be interested, I can only send books from me. It's not a business, just a hobby.

The price is 30,- EUR in Germany incl. shipping.
In Europe it's 35,- EUR incl. shipping.
To the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Japan it's 63 USD by airmail incl. shipping.

With best wishes from Germany
Michael Heidler
e-mail: ggbuch@web.de

Here are some photos of the book:
http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/showth...4426#post94426

Need a good book about German manufacturer codes?
=> get one from the author: >> ggbuch@web.de <<