Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines

Books and Magazines Please use this forum to review or discuss books and magazines.

Old 3rd November 2021, 14:33

Edward is on a distinguished road
Coming Soon - "Harvest of the Grim Reapers" The Illustrated History of the 3rd & 27th Bomb Groups (1941-1942)

Harvest of the Grim Reapers: The Illustrated History of the 3rd and 27th Bomb Groups During World War II
Volume I: Prewar to December 1942
(International Historical Research Associates)
by Lawrence J. Hickey and Edward M. Rogers
with Osamu Tagaya and Madison D. Jonas

528 pages w/ over 700 photos - hardback
16 page color section with profiles of A-20's, A-24s, & B-25's by aviation artist Jack Fellows.
US $80.00 + shipping

https://irandpcorp.com/products/3bg1/
Old 3rd November 2021, 15:39

AMC is on a distinguished road
Re: Coming Soon - "Harvest of the Grim Reapers" The Illustrated History of the 3rd & 27th Bomb Groups (1941-1942)

Wonderful news, but as we know the future with IHRA is in some doubt, so the possibility of a Volume Two has to be suspect, as outlined by Madison Jonas in a separate Post recently.
I would, like every one dearly love to see a Volume Two, but at least we have the first one so all is not lost…..
Old 3rd November 2021, 16:25
Alter Hase

edwest2 will become famous soon enoughedwest2 will become famous soon enough
Re: Coming Soon - "Harvest of the Grim Reapers" The Illustrated History of the 3rd & 27th Bomb Groups (1941-1942)

From the Stone & Stone site:

News from IHRA
3 November 2021
Edward Rogers tells us Harvest of the Grim Reapers: The Illustrated History of the 3rd and 27th Bombardment Groups during World War II, volume I: Prewar - December 1942
from International Historical Research Associates is on the way:
"I am pleased to report that the manuscript for volume I of the 3rd & 27th BG history has been uploaded to the webserver of our printing company.
Hopefully in about 10 days we will have a date for the delivery of the printed & bound books."
Old 26th November 2021, 18:47

The big news. We expect to receive volume I from the printer c. 10 January 2022.

We are now taking pre-orders.

Harvest of the Grim Reapers: The Illustrated History of the 3rd and 27th Bomb Groups During World War II

16 page color section with profiles of A-20's, A-24s, & B-25's by aviation artist Jack Fellows.
US $80.00 + shipping

Our regular distributors in Europe should be carrying the book as well.

We are currently working on options to get the book to Australia and New Zealand.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Edward
Old 28th November 2021, 04:44

bearoutwest is on a distinguished road

Very interested in finding out who is distributing/stocking it in Australia.

...geoff
Old 29th November 2021, 16:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearoutwest View Post
Very interested in finding out who is distributing/ stocking it in Australia.
...geoff
We certainly hope to have some news about that soon.

Edward
Old 14th December 2021, 17:14
Alter Hase

edwest2 will become famous soon enoughedwest2 will become famous soon enough

Update from the Stone & Stone site:

News from Colorado
14 December 2021
"We expect to receive Harvest of the Grim Reapers: The Illustrated History of the 3rd and 27th Bombardment Groups during World War II, volume I: Prewar - December 1942 on 10 January 2022.

"All of the material is based on primary source documents from the veterans, their families and US and Australian archives. All combats include accounts based on WWII Japanese documents as translated and described by Osamu Tagaya.
I have researched a full and accurate account of the development of the Doulgas A-20A-1 strafer project and the early use of the Havoc strafer bombers in combat by the men of the 89th and 8th Bomb Squadrons.
The vast majority of the 700 + photos have never appeared in other publications. Jack Fellows has done tremendous work on the aircraft (A-20, A-24 & B-25) profiles. I am sorry that Larry Hickey is not here to see this."
Old 15th December 2021, 05:36

What he said.
Old 5th January 2022, 00:50

Less than a week to go before the delivery of Harvest of the Grim Reapers Vol. I from the printer in Dallas, Texas to our HQ in Boulder, Colorado. Once they arrive all pre-orders will then be shipped.

Wherever possible we utilized personal accounts by the pilots, crew chiefs, commanders, gunners, navigators and bombardiers to tell the story of their combat during the first year (Dec. 1941 - Dec. 1942) of WWII. These came from their personal diaries, flight logs, memoirs and interviews conducted between 1986 and 2010.

A total of 27 personal diaries from members of the 3rd and 27th Bomb Groups were located, transcribed and incorporated into the manuscript. Most are published here for the first time.

Originally Posted by bearoutwest
Very interested in finding out who is distributing/ stocking it in Australia.
...geoff

I believe that Avonmore Books will be distributing copies of Vol. I in Australia.

US $80.00 + shipping

Edward

Last edited by Edward; 5th January 2022 at 13:55.
Old 6th January 2022, 00:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearoutwest View Post
Very interested in finding out who is distributing/stocking it in Australia.
...geoff
Hello Geoff,

I am glad to announce that Avonmore books of Kent Town will be the distributor in Australia for vol. I of the 3rd Bomb Group history.

Please contact Peter Ingman about ordering a copy.

https://avonmorebooks.com.au/?page=6

Edward