Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Community > On Offer

On Offer Please place your on offer ads here, however 12oclockhigh.net cannot be held accountable for any deal conducted through our forum.

Old 23rd July 2011, 17:15

hucks216 is on a distinguished road
Me-323 Gigant Unit Soldbuch, Photo Album & Dog Tag

Soldbuch, photo album and dog tag for a luftwaffe mechanic in a Me-323 Gigant unit. Served in a variety of Luftwaffe Werkstatt & Fliegerhorst Komapnie units before being assigned to 6./TG-5 which were equipped with the Me-323 Gigant at the time. He served with this unit for over a year before being assigned to 16./TG-1. While the soldbuch has 'Bord Mechaniker' written on Pg 1 if this is so then it would appear to of been a late war or an ad-hoc appointment, however there are some photos showing Tunisians so it would appear that he flew over to Africa with the Me-323's at some point, maybe as a component of an airfield unit.

Soldbuch is in a heavily used condition. While all pages are present and has the mans photo, all the pages are loose and someone has tried to repair the SB with red tape. But it certainly shows that it didn't spend its life in a desk drawer on the base.
Awarded the KvK II Kl + Schwertern, KvK I Kl, Ost Medal and EK II.

Photo album has approx 180 photos and includes 6 rare photos showing various aspects of the Me-323. Other aircraft seen include He-111, Ju-52, Do-17, Ju-88, W-34, Henschel 123 & Me-110. The last page of the album includes the mans dog tag and leather pouch. There are also 2 colour post-war photos taken in the 1970's which show an old man looking at 2 WWII German flak guns - obviously it is impossible to prove one way or the other but I wouldn't be surprised if the old man shown in the 2 photos is the Luftwaffe man whose soldbuch & album it was as he appears in both photos even though the guns seen are different. While my area is definitely not photos and photo albums I would say that this album was put together, at least partly, post-war but done so by the man himself.

I will post a handful of images here but please PM me with your email address if you wish to see receive a zip folder with more images.

Price: £410 - all fees/shipping* included.
*Shipping will be by Royal Mail International Signed For or Airsure (for outside UK borders) or Special Delivery (inside UK borders). If you require courier (DHL etc) then I am afraid that will be at cost.

Payment Methods:
UK - Cheque / Online Bank Transfer / Paypal
EU, USA/Canada, Aus/NZ & South Africa - Bank Transfer / Paypal
Elsewhere - Paypal

Last edited by hucks216; 27th February 2012 at 12:02.
Old 27th July 2011, 13:09

Re: Me-323 Gigant Unit Soldbuch, Photo Album & Dog Tag

Reduction: £400 - all terms in Post # 1 apply.
Old 21st May 2012, 14:30

Re: Me-323 Gigant Unit Soldbuch, Photo Album & Dog Tag

SOLD