Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines

Books and Magazines Please use this forum to review or discuss books and magazines.

Old 26th November 2012, 23:35
Alter Hase

Nokose will become famous soon enough
Re: Forthcoming book - Dragons on Bird Wings A Combat History of the 812th"Sevastopol"IAP

I don't think there is going to be a second volume after all this time but I hope so.

Here is a correction for page 124, Appendix 7 Pilot losses of the 812th IAP in combat in the Kuban. Pilot #3 has Nikolay Nazarovich Morozov MIA on the 20Apr43. The correct first name is Mikhail. The appendix is missing St. Serzh. Aleksey Ivanovich Ivanov listed as MIA for the 20Apr43.
Old 27th November 2012, 07:44

Andrey Kuznetsov is on a distinguished road
Re: Forthcoming book - Dragons on Bird Wings A Combat History of the 812th"Sevastopol"IAP

Hello!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokose View Post
The appendix is missing St. Serzh. Aleksey Ivanovich Ivanov listed as MIA for the 20Apr43.
As it turned out later, Ivanov was wounded only, was found in hospital.

Best regards,
Andrey
Old 4th December 2012, 21:42
Alter Hase

Dénes Bernád will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokose View Post
I don't think there is going to be a second volume after all this time but I hope so.
That would be sad. I still hope for a second volume of this excellent book.
Old 27th October 2020, 21:38

Burdokva is on a distinguished road

Apologies to return this old thread, does anyone know if Volume II will be published?

Early last year I found a new copy of Vol I, something I had been looking for quite some time, and the book is excellent. I also managed to find all of the original Russian articles in published in the История Авиации magazine but these are essentially the content of the book and end in May 1944, after the liberation of Crimea. This is, to my knowledge, the only Soviet unit history in English and of such thorough research in Russian

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find any contacts of Mr. Antipov or Mr. Utkin.

Last edited by Burdokva; 27th October 2020 at 21:40. Reason: typos