Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Games and Simulations

Games and Simulations Please use this forum to review or discuss games and simulations.

Old 9th February 2006, 00:15

Schelde is on a distinguished road
VVS units facing Finland, 1941?

I am currently researching a campaign for an il2sturmovik online war.

The campaign will roughly simulate the Finnish offensive in Ladoga Karelia towards Leningrad during the first 6 months of fighting.**The initial part of what the Finns refer to as the "Continuation War".

Although references to the Finnish aircraft involved are plentiful, I am lacking information concerning the VVS plane types and units which opposed them.

Any information or references would be greatly appreciated.**My apologies, but I can only read English.**Russian sources without translations would be difficult for me to work with.

Two notes.

This is for a nonpolitical video game.**The campaign will be open to any squad which plays on line.

The plane set will not be 100% accurate.**First, not all planes involved in the conflict are available in game.**Second, in order to keep game play balanced, the number of planes for the two sides will be equal.

I am trying to find out which planes the VVS had available on this front and the appropriate proportions of plane types.

I can be contacted through this forum or by PM.

Thank you,

Schelde**
Old 13th February 2006, 22:45
Alter Hase

Pilot is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: VVS units facing Finland, 1941?

I have some material about this front and feel free to contact me.
Owner: www.sreckobradic.com
Owner: www.warplanes-zine.com
Email: srecko.warplane@gmail.com
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/LetLet...s/308234397758
Old 15th February 2006, 19:44

Pilot,

I have PM'd you.

Any information you have would be appreciated. You can reply by either Posting here or PM.

Thanks,

Schelde
Old 16th February 2006, 00:57
Alter Hase

Pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

I have also post to you some info on PM. My server will beo out of order in few next day's so I could not be able to write on my email. Some of material I have on the both side activities. Buy the way do you have any screenshoot from the game you are prepare?
Owner: www.sreckobradic.com
Owner: www.warplanes-zine.com
Email: srecko.warplane@gmail.com
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/LetLet...s/308234397758
Old 16th February 2006, 20:13

Pilot,

I have not yet received information by PM, but I look forward to it.

I do not have screen shots. This information will be used to design a tournament for an existing game: il2sturmovik. Any screenshots from this game will give you a good idea of what it will look like.

To be clear, I am not designing a game. I am only determining which planes to include in a competition between online players.

When the design of the tournament is finalized and approved by my squadron, a calender of missions will be posted on the tournament web site. The missions will be accessible through Hyperlobby to registered squadrons.

Schelde