Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Allied and Soviet Air Forces

Allied and Soviet Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the Air Forces of the Western Allies and the Soviet Union.

Old 1st March 2009, 19:35
Alter Hase

Roger Gaemperle is on a distinguished road
Some interesting USAAF & RAF photos

Hello,

I just wanted to give a "heads up" about some interesting USAAF & RAF photos posted here:

http://battlegroundrelics.com/album?...d_2=All&tid_4=

You may have seen the introduction in the Luftwaffe discussion board already. For those of you who haven't, here it is:

"I was always fascinated by looking at new, previously unknown wartime photos and rare collectibles. You can never tell when you discover something new or find out more about history by just one simple photo.

I thought that although forums are a very nice place to meet and discuss they have some shortcomings for showing photos. Therefore I developed an interactive website for sharing military photos and also collectibles.

Everybody can register and upload his own photos. The photos are shown in a gallery and people can choose several categories and even add free tags. This way it is much easier to find interesting photos of a certain topic. In addition there is also a section where one can show collectibles (like uniforms, flight gear, etc.). There is another section where one can write an expert article about a topic of his choice (e.g. how to identify fake Iron Crosses). These articles can then be edited collaboratively by all members (very much like wikipedia).

The idea is to offer people a structured place where they can show photos, comment & rate posts and discuss & share knowledge with others. It is very much like the well-known Flickr but dedicated to military history only and with improved categorization of content.

I would like to hear your opinion be it positive or negative. I have built the site in my spare time and spent lots of hours. It is not set-up as a commercial website whatsoever and I don't plan to add ads nor do I intend to ask a fee for using the website. But with your feedback I may be able to improve and adjust the concept in the future.

The website address is: www.battlegroundrelics.com

You can find additional information here: www.battlegroundrelics.com/faq

And you can directly access the gallery page here: www.battlegroundrelics.com/album

There relics (collectibles) page is here:
www.battlegroundrelics.com/relics

Or an example page here: http://http://www.battlegroundrelics...twaffe-officer

If you like the concept and would like to support it you could do that by telling your friends who are also interested in Luftwaffe topics about BattleGroundRelics. The more people actively participate the more interesting it will get for all. So, please feel free to register, upload photos of your collectibles or wartime photos and rate/comment other content.

I have a "Tell a friend" page where you could just enter the e-mail addresses and press a button to tell your friends about it.

Cheers,
Roger

Old 4th March 2009, 19:51

patrick1974 is on a distinguished road
Re: Some interesting USAAF & RAF photos

Thanks very nice