Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Closed Thread

Old 2nd October 2022, 09:50

Andy Mitchell will become famous soon enoughAndy Mitchell will become famous soon enough
Re: The Luftwaffe Archives & Records Reference Group???

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwest2 View Post
Leon,

Thank you for your reply. I feel relieved now. And while we're on the subject of saving our work, I'd like to bring up a somewhat delicate subject.
Some authors, and researchers with photo and/or document collections, sometimes do not make provision for where their work/collections would
go after they pass. ....
Ed West
Coincidentally there is a discussion on this over on the RAF Commands forum

Andy Mitchell

LuftwaffeData Wiki including the history of Aufklgr. 122

Last edited by Andy Mitchell; 2nd October 2022 at 18:27.
Old 2nd October 2022, 17:12
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by edNorth View Post
Manuscript has been written all time along, but I am seeking some obscure tie-ups but mid war "why" development appears solved for most parts.
If you propose to sit on the correct information for an indefinite period, the least you can do is accept that people will use what is actually available to them in the meantime.
Old 18th November 2022, 17:28
Alter Hase

edNorth is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Beale View Post
If you propose to sit on the correct information for an indefinite period, the least you can do is accept that people wil use what is actually available to them in the meantime.
Progress is good. No worries.

Suppose if you ask and get correct Ju 88 info but choose ignore and
and re-use 1960s William Green instead. That would probably ruin
the authors reputation, if publicly known, right?

So I strongly disagree. Do not write same sh..* over and over, please.

So far have I answered all queries asked, so not "sitting on" correct info (sic) but just my research resaults. Not commenting if not certain or if my answers can be exploited by scrupilous people throwing 700 Euros after blurry photo, and then ask for info, but not showin what they got in first place. So you get nothing for nothing.

ed
Old 18th November 2022, 18:31
Alter Hase

edwest2 will become famous soon enoughedwest2 will become famous soon enough

What an odd perspective. I've seen a few examples of people trying to correct others or claiming to have better information, but little comes of it.
Progress and putting well-documented information out there should be the goal, not berating persons unknown. Or books from the past.

One problem with the internet is that total amateurs can publish books. People with no experience or who have done no original research.
Print books are not immune. I made the mistake of buying a book that violated every rule of graphic design and those of proper layout.
It was terrible in terms of content as well. My years working for a book publishing company meant I had to know the rules.
I have been called in by the head graphic designer to solve various problems. Problems that cannot be solved by watching a few videos or 5 minutes on the internet.

My point is: The learning time will never be shortened. It does not go away.
Old 18th November 2022, 19:02
Alter Hase

Not surprizing view from a person mostly into fiction and novels,
but you seem be derating yourself.
Old 19th November 2022, 18:18
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
you seem be derating yourself.
From the Oxford English Dictionary "Derate: to remove all or part of a burden of rates". (In the UK "rates" are a form of property tax).
Old 19th November 2022, 19:04
Alter Hase

Completely irrelavant comment. Lacks all Aviation content. We are discussing that are we not, no? Derating (e.g. helicopter engines) was done in order to improve reliability by pulling less power.
The comment made by other commenter contained prior known, what obscure work exsperiance (already has written so, but yet no known proofer) and suggest matörish writer no own research.
Just slander. Move off. Nothing to happen here.
I am published (native language and tiny the other Sprache oder Zwei) I know of the rules of books (and how to write them). Also know some very bad ones.
Worked my own layout back over 30 years ago. And am conneted and have contributed stuff to many others in both Britain and Germany. Some members here know.
Old 19th November 2022, 21:18
Super Moderator

Quote:
Completely irrelavant comment.
On the contrary, your post made only limited sense as it stood, hence my intervention, while your latest appears largely devoted to asserting your own credentials. It seems, therefore, a good time to close this thread down.