Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > The Second World War in General

The Second World War in General Please use this forum to discuss other World War Two related subjects not covered by the main categories.

Old 30th April 2022, 16:36

TigerTimon is on a distinguished road
Death of Hitler - 1945 or 1962?

Today the 30th of April is the alleged death date of Adolf Hitler.
Recently I conversated with someone who really believe Hitler fled to Argentina. That person gave me a book written by the authors Simon Dunstan and Gerrard Williams. They did a thorough study and also believe the dictator fled to the South-American country.

Do you believe this conspiracy theory to be true? Why or why not?
Attached below is an extract of an interrogation report from the head of the German Armed Forces High Command (via Fold3):

Old 30th April 2022, 18:21

Steve Coates will become famous soon enoughSteve Coates will become famous soon enough
Re: Death of Hitler - 1945 or 1962?

Seriously - do you believe it?
Old 30th April 2022, 23:07

TigerTimon is on a distinguished road

No. There is too much cherry-picking of facts in this theory.
Old 1st May 2022, 18:16

Steve Coates will become famous soon enoughSteve Coates will become famous soon enough

Completely agree. That Hitler died in 1945 has been proven beyond any reasonable doubt in my mind. I think you've more useful ways to spend your time.
Old 2nd May 2022, 14:07

AndyMa is on a distinguished road

I think the other thing is that so many people would have known that it is almost unthinkable that nobody would have broken ranks and spilled the beans at some point.
A bit like the (non)-Lunar landing conspiracy. It would have needed thousands of people to cover it up, none of whom has ever decided to make themselves rich by telling the true story.
Old 2nd May 2022, 15:43

FalkeEins will become famous soon enough

..but they did 'break ranks'..it's all in the Dunstan/Williams (fairy) tale. Perhaps the OP might like to read the article at the link. Author Williams even contacted me to point out one or two errors

http://falkeeins.blogspot.com/2011/1...er-distan.html
Old 2nd May 2022, 21:06
Alter Hase

edwest2 will become famous soon enoughedwest2 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMa View Post
I think the other thing is that so many people would have known that it is almost unthinkable that nobody would have broken ranks and spilled the beans at some point.
A bit like the (non)-Lunar landing conspiracy. It would have needed thousands of people to cover it up, none of whom has ever decided to make themselves rich by telling the true story.
A popular fiction regarding things like this is that authors will automatically become rich when publishing such stories. After some decades in book publishing, I have acquired the numbers of books actually sold.
In most cases, a small number of authors make up the bulk of sales for established publishers. I have also seen numbers for one-off books. Again, getting rich, or doing well, is rare and usually not about subject
matter like this.
Old 6th May 2022, 12:10
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalkeEins View Post
..but they did 'break ranks'..it's all in the Dunstan/Williams (fairy) tale. Perhaps the OP might like to read the article at the link. Author Williams even contacted me to point out one or two errors

http://falkeeins.blogspot.com/2011/1...er-distan.html
Was that the one where a Ju 52 landed on a street in Berlin (Hohenzollerndamm?) that was barely 2 metres wider than the aircraft's wingspan? And that plane then flew out to land in Magdeburg, despite the place having been in American hands for about two weeks? A lot of fiendish Nazi cunning in play there!
Old 6th May 2022, 15:44

schnellmeyer is on a distinguished road

I knew and met Otto Gunsche who was Hitler's adjutant and he was responsible for the burning of Hitler's and Eva's bodies. He told me that Hitler took his own life in the Bunker on April 30.
Old 6th May 2022, 17:50

FalkeEins will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Beale View Post
And that plane then flew out to land in Magdeburg, despite the place having been in American hands for about two weeks? A lot of fiendish Nazi cunning in play there!
indeed! pilot was that well-known 122-victory ace Hptm. Peter Baumgart..
but rather than waste all this forum space, here's a book recommendation, Volker Ulrich's " Eight Days in May", the story of the eight days under a new Führer, Admiral Dönitz. No Luftwaffe content, despite the fact that a lot was still happening in the air..II./JG 6 Doras were still flying sorties on May 5 according to the logbook extracts in that Jet & Prop article about the Gefechtsverband Rudel (IIRC)

https://www.penguin.co.uk/books/319/...241467268.html