Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > The Second World War in General

The Second World War in General Please use this forum to discuss other World War Two related subjects not covered by the main categories.

Closed Thread

Old 30th January 2022, 21:53
Alter Hase

edwest2 will become famous soon enoughedwest2 will become famous soon enough
Re: women pilots in the Luftwaffe

My parents spent the war in Germany. Other German women flew aircraft during the war. Respectfully, citing a slogan without context is not proper historical research.

Best,
Ed
Old 31st January 2022, 00:13
Alter Hase

Teresa Maria is on a distinguished road

Most women were second-class citizens, though, in most countries, not only in Germany. During the war, the army needed cannon fodder, but women were second-class citizens anyway. In the U.S. too, during the war women worked in arms factories and got used to professional work. After the war, the so-called 'feminine mystique' was propagated, that is, women were told that the only way to happiness was being a housewife. Haven't you heard of sexist ads from that time? https://www.businessinsider.com/vint...ast-undated-26
https://www.businessinsider.com/26-s...-to-reality-27
Old 31st January 2022, 00:50
Alter Hase

edwest2 will become famous soon enoughedwest2 will become famous soon enough

Respectfully, I grew up in the 1950s. There was nothing wrong with a woman staying home and taking care of her own children.

Most of the moms in my neighborhood were stay at home moms, and for miles around.
Old 31st January 2022, 14:37
Alter Hase

'Nothing wrong'. The answer one could expect of a male chauvinist. Women were discouraged from studying, working and, in general, from what psychology calls 'self-actualization'. A hundred years ago there was 'nothing wrong' with a woman being illiterate, and in some African countries there is still 'nothing wrong' with it. (Most of the world's illiterate people are women.)

If we go further back in time, in ancient Rome, there was 'nothing wrong' with slavery. Roman citizens could own slaves as long as they could afford them and it was considered the natural order of the world.
Old 5th February 2022, 03:07

ssg keay has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa Maria View Post
'Nothing wrong'. The answer one could expect of a male chauvinist. Women were discouraged from studying, working and, in general, from what psychology calls 'self-actualization'. A hundred years ago there was 'nothing wrong' with a woman being illiterate, and in some African countries there is still 'nothing wrong' with it. (Most of the world's illiterate people are women.)

If we go further back in time, in ancient Rome, there was 'nothing wrong' with slavery. Roman citizens could own slaves as long as they could afford them and it was considered the natural order of the world.
I guess you got your tubes tied then so you would have no distracting children in your life? Alas, when you decide to have a family, someone has to take care of it and preferably a parent. We are not Chauvinists, but maybe we are husbands of women that would rather be great mothers that raging hormone feminists that at the end of the day hate anything and anyone that does not agree with them.
Old 5th February 2022, 13:43
Alter Hase

No, I'm a raging hormone feminist, nor have I got my tubes tied. Imagine that it's possible to be a child-free woman without having one's tubes tied and without having sex in the first place (I'm perfectly asexual, I don't have such needs and I'm happy about it; I need sex like a hole in the head).

I have no predispositions to be a mother and, believe me, contrary to stereotypes, not every woman has, just like not every man can be a soldier, let alone a fighter pilot. If all women were created to be household robots, then no woman would have an IQ higher than 80. Maybe you are the husband of such a woman who completed primary school with difficulty and is happy to be treated as an inferior being, and you are happy to cure your complexes by feeling superior to her.
Old 8th February 2022, 08:56
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about

Disputes over the role of women in society, not to mention personally-directed abuse can be fought out away from the forum. This thread is now closed.