Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 8th December 2007, 18:58
Alter Hase

Roger Gaemperle is on a distinguished road
Ar 234 A Cockpit

Hello,

Does anybody have a photo of the Ar 234 A cockpit? I couldn't find any in the book Monogram Monarch 1 and also 2 other Ar 234 books I have, nor was a websearch successful.

Thanks
Regards
Roger Gaemperle
Old 8th December 2007, 19:45

obdl3945 is on a distinguished road
Re: Ar 234 A Cockpit

Roger...

I can provide you with a detailed drawing of the inside of an Ar234 cockpit, with information re its layout, if that's any help to you. If so, please provide e-mail address. Also sent you a PM earlier re LW site, but I now know that the problem was... me...! Many apologies for any confusion caused.

Please let me know if I can be of assistance to you.

obdl3945

Last edited by obdl3945; 9th December 2007 at 03:15.
Old 9th December 2007, 11:01
Alter Hase

Hello obdl3945,

Is it a drawing of the B-cockpit or the A? I need a photo or drawing of the A-cockpit.

Regards
Roger Gaemperle

PS:I just replied your PM.
Old 9th December 2007, 13:42
Alter Hase

Adriano Baumgartner is on a distinguished road

Hello Roger!
If my memory does not fail me, there is a good picture of the cockpit ( colour ) as well as other pics at the site of the National and Space Museum-USA. I had this picture but it is stored on my computer which suffered a "break down" ( had to wait until it is fixed up ). If you do not manage to find it, I will send you as soon as my computer is back on ops.
Yours
Adriano
Old 9th December 2007, 14:07

obdl3945 is on a distinguished road

Hi, Roger...

Firstly, thanks for the reply to my PM... . Secondly, the drawing I have doesn't state if it's an 'A' or 'B' cockpit. It merely states that it is an Ar234 cockpit. I can send it to you for comparison, if that's any help. I appreciate the fundamental differences between the two versions, but in my ignorance of the detailed specification of this machine, I'm not acquainted with any cockpit layout differences. Please let me know if you'd like me to send you what I have.

Regards
Old 9th December 2007, 16:13

Andy Mitchell will become famous soon enoughAndy Mitchell will become famous soon enough

Roger,

There are photos of cockpit "mock-ups" of the A, B and C series Ar 234s in Griehl's "Strahlflugzeug Arado Ar 234 Blitz" (published by Motorbuch Verlag).

Specifically the A variant photos are to be found on page 16.

Andy Mitchell

LuftwaffeData Wiki including the history of Aufklgr. 122
Old 9th December 2007, 16:44

Peter

A very good book for referense of the bird with two nice picures on page 66 of the A cockpit would be form the "Military Aircrafts In Details" The Arado Ar 234 A. Unfortunately I do not own a scanner but I will see whqat I can do.

Peter
Old 9th December 2007, 16:53
Alter Hase

Snautzer will become famous soon enough

will this help? I can make a better resolution if needed

Source Profile Publications Arado Ar-234 Blitz

Last edited by Snautzer; 27th October 2011 at 22:26.
Old 9th December 2007, 23:19
Alter Hase

Dear all,

Thank you for your replies!

Adriano, I think I have seen the photo you mentioned. If I remember correctly, it shows the Ar 234 B cockpit during restoration. I am particularly interested in the A version cockpit, but thanks a lot for the info!

obdl3945, I think you might have the B-cockpit drawing that is based on the original manual drawing (which also shows the B-cockpit). But it might well be that it is an A: could you please send it to LWCollector@gmail.com? Thanks a lot!

Andy, I have just checked Griehl's book and found the mockup photo. It would be very interesting to compare the mock-up with the final layout. Thanks for the heads-up!

Peter, if you find the time and possibility to scan the photo, would it be possible to send it to LWCollector@gmail.com?

Snautzer, Thanks a lot for the scan. As far as I know it shows the C-cockpit (for example, it has 4 rpm indicators for 4 jet engines). I am very interested in the A-cockpit. But thanks a lot anyway!

Regards
Roger Gaemperle
Old 10th December 2007, 07:39

piero is an unknown quantity at this point

hi,

can help you this photo?

piero