Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines

Books and Magazines Please use this forum to review or discuss books and magazines.

Old 13th May 2005, 09:14

Peter Kassak is on a distinguished road
This is not a future of historical writting...

HI Guys,

While there si a huge and VERY interesting discussion on future of historical writting, books , first hand accounts relevance etc...I would like to share my feelings from one book, (representative piece) of another cathegory.
So where to start: I bought JG 52 the experten from Osprey and pen of J. Weal. Luckily for me, it was used one, so I did not pay much...Why luckily? Because Again I failed to buy nice looking book , but information empty one...

BUT what moved me to write this and publish it in here was a fact, that on almost 100 pages, and showing 32 colour profiles, there is NO W.Nr. mentioned in whole book. And there are included pictures of some of the most famoust and discussed a/c of Luftwaffe (I guess at leats for Hartmann, Lipfert etc.) So how is this possible? I bet that this is partially the cause of the discussion that runs on this forum...
Why cannot be books which are just compilations of someones work to simplify the huge subject at least perfect giving all available info on that small part of data which are included?
This is DEFINITELY NOT future what we would like to see, but unfortunatelly it happens more and more often. Pictures and Photos over text, colour profiles over BW photos....

Just felt like to write these sentences here...sorry

also: Zerstorer Research Work Group,
"Geschichte des Zerstörergeschwader 76"
Old 13th May 2005, 14:20

Dan O'Connell will become famous soon enough
Re: This is not a future of historical writting...

LOL if you want WNr. wait for mine in August.............but only Me 262.
Old 16th May 2005, 22:48

Vati

Different strokes for different folkes... I am still waiting for a book which would actually have any worth info on the plane performance where the author would have at least a basic knowladge of aerodynamics.
Old 17th May 2005, 12:47
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vati
I am still waiting for a book which would actually have any worth info on the plane performance where the author would have at least a basic knowladge of aerodynamics.
As I've said here before to other people, why not write one yourself?