Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 21st April 2010, 09:10

Henofred is an unknown quantity at this point
Alfred Fischer - Kampfgeschwader 4

Hi,

I am looking for some information about a pilot, Alfred Fischer (I don’t know his rank) from Kampfgeschwader 4. He joined the Luftwaffe at the beginning of 1941 and after its training in some flying schools he spends six months with the IV./KG4 or Ergänzungsgruppe then in Central France (from February to August 1943) before being posted to the East front - II./KG 4 - at Orscha airfield. Fischer fights with this Gruppe until the end of WWII. So, perhaps do you have additional details about its assignment with KG 4?

Beforehand, merci.
Frederic
Old 1st August 2019, 14:10
Alter Hase

steve sheridan
Re: Alfred Fischer - Kampfgeschwader 4

Hello Frederic hope your well.
Im currently updating my Luftwaffe files for bomber group KG4, ive aquired a number of flugbuch copies to supplement my information on this unit and ive been informed theres a copy for Alfred Fischer.

A quick search as found your enquiry back in 2010 on this pilot, i was wondering whether you managed to find any further information on this pilot has im wondering whether to seek his logbook out.
If you could help in any way id be most grateful.
Best regs,
Steve.
Old 3rd December 2019, 11:31

Edward L. Hsiao is on a distinguished road
Post Re: Alfred Fischer - Kampfgeschwader 4

I'm wondering about Alfred Fischer's post WWII career. Did he joined the Bundesluftwaffe after WWII in the late 1950's?

Edward L. Hsiao
Old 3rd December 2019, 12:17

Henofred is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Alfred Fischer - Kampfgeschwader 4

Hello/Bonjour Steve and Edward,

I'm really, really sorry, Steve, I only see your post today. I have Fischer's Flugbuch, but I haven't found any additional information since my post.

So Edward L. Hsiao, I don't know if Fischer joined the Bundesluftwaffe after WWII.

Best regards,
Frederic