Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Allied and Soviet Air Forces

Allied and Soviet Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the Air Forces of the Western Allies and the Soviet Union.

Old 24th January 2013, 19:37

ColesAircraft is on a distinguished road
New B-17 Art and B-17G Relic from Ron Cole

Hi, friends! After I did my XP-82 commission for Tom Reilly, he sent me a collection of aircraft parts from his past restoration projects, including an original duraluminum panel from the forward fuselage of B-17G 'Campaign Lady' (serial number 44-85813). That meant I had to produce a new B-17G painting to go along with the parts, so here it is:

[IMG] B-17G Flying Fortress of the 303rd BG, by Ron Cole by ColesAircraft, on Flickr[/IMG]

Since the markings for 'Campaign Lady' were less than illustrious I opted to portray 'Thunder Bird' of the 303rd Bomb Group, 8th AF.

And I combined the parts with artwork for my display series:

[IMG] B-17 Flying Fortress Relic Display, by Ron Cole by ColesAircraft, on Flickr[/IMG]

I'm seeking any suggestions or comments. I probably can't do much to the original piece but I could sure use the input to implement in future releases!

- Ron

Tags
b-17, b17, flying fortress, ron cole