Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines

Books and Magazines Please use this forum to review or discuss books and magazines.

Old 26th June 2007, 06:06

pstrany
Books on the Ha-1112 Buchon?

Hi;

I find it hard to believe nobody has ever written a book on the Ha-1112 Buchon, but so far I have been unsuccessful in finding anything at all! Has anyone ever heard of any books on the Spanish version of the Me 109, preferably something of a detail & scale variety.

Thanks!

Paul
Old 7th July 2007, 12:45
He who rules the forum...

Ruy Horta has disabled reputation
Re: Books on the Ha-1112 Buchon?

There's a chapter on it in Messerschmitt Bf 109 Recognition Manual, by Férnandez-Sommerau.

Detailed drawings in AJ-Press Monografie Lotnicze 44, Messerschmitt Me 109 cz. 2

This volume covers many experimental 109s, and projected 209-309-609 airframes. Finally post war derivatives from Spain and Czechoslovakia. It may have been translated to English, I only have the Polish version which I cannot read.

Wings & Wheels Publication have published a nice Walk-around for the Avia models: Avia S-109 & CS 199 in Detail.

I'd be happy to learn if there is something similar available on the Ha-1112, so I'm certainly tagging along with this thread as it hopefully develops.

And now I see with eye serene
The very pulse of the machine;
A being breathing thoughtful breath,
A traveller between life and death;
Old 10th July 2007, 06:19

pstrany
Re: Books on the Ha-1112 Buchon?

Well, I DID find a book on the Ha-1112, but it is in FRENCH!! It is in the Avions series, entitled "Les Messerschmitt Espagnols". Gives a nice overview and history of the 109 in Spanish service. Not much detail on the aircraft itself, more of an operational history, colors and markings, that sort of thing.
I have the Wings & Wheels book on the Avia, really great for the modeler, I'm with you, wish I could find something similar on the Buchon. As an aside, took me almost 8 months to find a copy of the Avia book, though it was at a reasonable price (from a bookstore in Canada, as I recall.)
I have heard rumors of a Spanish-language book on the Buchon, but nobody can give me anything concrete, much less a lead on where I could possibly acquire such a thing........

Paul