Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 8th March 2010, 13:57

ianatheling is on a distinguished road
Arado Ar 234 of Gefechtsverband KdE ?

During research on the Ar 234 I found a reference to a short term operational unit formed at Rechlin titled Gefechtsverband KdE (Im not quite sure what the KdE stands for?, I assume it might be KommandoErprobungs) It apparently had nine Ar234 formed into a bomberstaffel. The unit was formed in January 1945 and disbanded on the 19th Feb. But I can not find any other information on the unit, can anyone help?
Old 8th March 2010, 17:16
Alter Hase

RT is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Arado Ar 234 of Gefechtsverband KdE ?

In Eisermann Log-book is a few named about the Kommando, Christoph Regel knows something also about this one as Manfred Jurleit, I suspect also Jan Horn to hv knowledge about that, dates quoted are a bit different as yours..

Remi
Old 8th March 2010, 17:35

Norbert Schuchbauer

KDE or K.d.E. means: Kommando/Kommandeur der Erprobungsstellen der Luftwaffe. It was operationally subordinated to TLR which is Chef der Technischen Luftrüstung. It began its existence by order of the Luftwaffe Generalquartiermeister from July 1944. With this order the Generalluftzeugmeister was disbanded.

Hope this helps,

Norbert
Old 8th March 2010, 17:52

ianatheling is on a distinguished road

Thanks

I would be most interested to know whether there were actually any operational missions flown?
Old 8th March 2010, 22:44
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about

I couldn't locate it easily but there is an ULTRA message in which Rechlin lists the aircraft it can muster into various types of operational Staffeln.

My impression was that this was a plan which would be activated in an emergency. In the same way, the RAF has "shadow squadrons" which it would activate from its training schools.