Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 1st February 2023, 19:18
Alter Hase

Adriano Baumgartner is on a distinguished road
Feldflugplatz TEPLY (Russland) - September 1942.

Good evening.
I do have an image from a He 111 crew in flight and on the back of the same, it is written:
"Feldflugplatz Teply am ?? im September 1942".

Have tried to find something about Teply on De Zeng and Doug's site (https://www.ww2.dk/Airfields%20-%20R...%20Ukraine.pdf) but the most probable or similar Feldflugplatz I found would be Teplytsya...and sadly there is NO information about which units flew or stayed there.

This site suggest some variations on Teply or Tyoply's villages:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyoply

DOES anyone have read or found on FB similar entries for Teply? Is it known which units flew or operated from there in September 1942? Probably some kind of Transportgeschwader or attached to transport units.

Any help in ID the probable units flying from there are most welcomed.

Adriano
Old 2nd February 2023, 15:51
Alter Hase

Larry deZeng will become famous soon enoughLarry deZeng will become famous soon enough
Re: Feldflugplatz TEPLY (Russland) - September 1942.

There's a Teplyk 36 km WSW of Uman in western Ukraine.

It was not an "air base", Adriano, but rather a Feldflugplatz that had no services and was probably no more than a farm field or cow pasture that was used by a Luftwaffe unit or two for only a couple of days to refuel and rearm. There were hundreds in this category across the broad sweep of Ukraine and Soviet Russia and I didn't include them all in my www.ww2.dk directory or list.

L. deZ.
Old 2nd February 2023, 16:07
Alter Hase

Adriano Baumgartner is on a distinguished road

Thank you so much Larry! You solved the mistery Feldflugplatz. My gratitude for that!

Your site/directory of Airfields and LW Officers are "bibles" for us enthusiasts....

Adriano
Old 2nd February 2023, 17:31
Alter Hase

Larry deZeng will become famous soon enoughLarry deZeng will become famous soon enough

Thamk you for your kind words, Adriano!