Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Allied and Soviet Air Forces

Allied and Soviet Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the Air Forces of the Western Allies and the Soviet Union.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27th March 2010, 22:55

Schillingsacres is on a distinguished road
56th FG Ace Combat Missions Flown?

I am presently writing a book on the Aces of the 56th FG and am having problems finding out how many combat missions the following aces flew. I have used all my great resources including William Hess with no luck. If anyone can tell me how many combat missions each one of the following aces flew that would be greatly appreciated! I know how many combat hours each flew, but I need to know the exact amount of combat mission each one flew. In Bud Mahurin's book he states after 80 Combat missions he would only log a mission if he saw an enemy A/C over enemy territory, so he would be sent home sooner. This is common practice a lot of pilots used so they could stay and fight longer.

James Stewart 61st FS
Leroy Schreiber 61st & 62nd FS
Felix Williamson 62nd FS
Joe Powers 61st & 62nd FS
Bud Mahurin 63rd FS.........80+ ?
Paul Conger 61st Fs & 63rd FS