Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines > Jagdgeschwader 1, 2, 4, 5 & Sturmstaffel 1 Chronicles

Jagdgeschwader 1, 2, 4, 5 & Sturmstaffel 1 Chronicles by Erik Mombeeck

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 4th November 2006, 17:20

Rousselot Alexis is on a distinguished road
New JG 2 book

Hello...

I had already intended to speak, of the nearest publication of a book on the JG 2. And, I just Saw on the web site of the « Aérobibliothèque” the cover of the 1st volume on the JG 2 and I would like to ask questions at M. Eric Mombeek (like it attends this forum) on this subject.
http://www.aerostories.org/~aerobiblio/article1433.html

First , concerning the title "1919-1941", I would like to know why you chose the date of 1919 ? That seems to be a little bit strange at first approach, is this for to show that the republic of Weimar is an explanation for the creation of the Luftwaffe and the first signs of the disastrous regime who will follow? I all cases if you deal with the period post first WW and with the former JG 131 “Richtofen” I congratulate you because the story of the Luftwaffe between the two Wars was very poorly reported.

Another question, I would like to know if you have an idea of the date for the release of the book and an approximate of the price. Do you will make a subscription?

I wanted to also know how much volumes are laid down (and possibly, the temporal cutting of each one).

Lastly, last question, are testimonys of pilots abundant in the book (as it was, for example, the case in the chronicle on the JG 300 of Mr. Jean-Yves Lorant)? It will book contain a list of the losses human and material of the squadron, to see a list of the pilots?

Anyway thanks to you M. Eric Mombeek and to M. J.L Roba for to offer us this Chronicle on a “Geschwader “unfortunately poorly addressed.

Friendly
Rousselot Alexis