Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Allied and Soviet Air Forces

Allied and Soviet Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the Air Forces of the Western Allies and the Soviet Union.

Old 3rd May 2015, 15:01

Tony Kearns
Re: Pilots of No.152 Sqn .

Thanks Frank, I do not think that it could be a separate claim under the circumstances as it was the same Luftwaffe aircraft involved. I do believe that 315 Sqn. had a part in the destruction as it caused the initial damage but unfortunately was hit by the rear gunner. I am just trying to establish if there was air contact between 152 Sqn. and the Ju88 and wondered if it stated as such in their combat reports.
Schnellmeyer this is a discussion forum it was Col who made reference to the combat, but all is well, you keep your information tight to your chest. I too am researching continually but I am prepared to share
Regards
Tony K
Old 3rd May 2015, 15:16
Alter Hase

Frank Olynyk is on a distinguished road

Schnellmeyer,

Gormanston is the location given in FC3. FC3 locations are frequently inexact, probably due to the lack of space on the form.

My database gives the location as NW of Drogheda, I assume (without taking the effort to look at the CR) that is the location given in the CR. Or to dig out maps to see where Gormanston and Drogheda are located.

Tony,
I noted the possibility of a separate claim only because of the difference in times. Not a real solution, due to the lack of any FC3 reference to an additional claim.

Enjoy!

Frank.
Old 3rd May 2015, 15:46

Tony Kearns

Thanks again Frank, the location of the 315 Sqn Spitfire crash would be nearer to Drogheda. I am adding a map from a article penned by myself many years ago and would give you an idea of the locations. The heavy line is the route of the Ju88 and the numbers represent the times of sighting by the Irish Authorities.
Regards
Tony K
Old 3rd May 2015, 16:30

schnellmeyer is on a distinguished road

Frank at times reports and locations were often wrong and that is nothing new.
Again thanks for your imput on my post .

Please do not worry Mr.Kearns , all in good time people will all be able to seen my research for themselves .
Did I not give you my research material some years ago ??? , is this not sharing ???? , surely you have not forgotten this ???
Now can we please return to my original post .