Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines

Books and Magazines Please use this forum to review or discuss books and magazines.

Old 15th June 2005, 22:03

FalkeEins will become famous soon enough
Lightbulb JG 300 book

...Jean-Yves Lorant tells me that the French edition of his JG 300 opus (Vol 1) is on sale from today ( most notably at Le Bourget - Paris Air show). Co-author and illustrator is Richard Goyat. Entitled "La bataille aérienne d'Allemagne " (Air Battle over Germany) the publisher is Larivière and the work comprises 360 large format pages, with profile artwork by Sundin/Goyat and covers the period to 16 September 1944 in 10 chapters.... I was given a run-down of the book's many (stunning) photographic highlights but won't spoil anybody's anticipation ...(sorry)
I expect this news means the Eagle Editions version is imminent..

Last edited by FalkeEins; 15th June 2005 at 22:08.
Old 16th June 2005, 18:53
Alter Hase

edwest is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: JG 300 book

The Eagle Editions site is showing June, 2005.

Ed
Old 16th June 2005, 22:02

O.Menu

Thats a great news, the French edition was not expected before September!
Old 16th June 2005, 23:42

Richard Goyat is on a distinguished road

Sorry Olivier, but who told you or where did you see that the French edition was not expected before September?

In fact, the very first day the authors met at his request the French editor, they were told that the first volume should be ready for the Paris Air Show (or Salon du Bourget). And this is just what happened...

Richard Goyat
Old 17th June 2005, 02:59

judyc
Re: JG 300 book-English Version

We at Eagle Editions are very excited about the JG 300 book Vol. 1 being in our warehouse any day now. Translated into English from the original French manuscript, the book is 400 pages with almost 30 full color Tullis profiles, printed on glossy heavy weight paper, the photos are large and stunning!
We have taken a long time to produce this book, including over 18 months in translation and the results are amazing! Rare photos are large and clear. We also have the leather bound limited edition available as well, signed by Hajo Herrmann.
We will have copies available at the Nats in Atlanta, of course, along with three sheets of decals in all three scales available to compliment the beautiful full color profiles by Tom Tullis.
Visit our site at http://www.eagle-editions.com and go to news and new releases to click on the hyperlink for the decals!
The Eagle Editions Ltd. Team
Patty, office manager and customer relations
Old 17th June 2005, 05:25

marsyao

judyc, thank you ! Please let us know when this book is available, I will definitely order one.
Old 17th June 2005, 22:50

Many Souffan is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: JG 300 book

Hello ! ! Hello! ! !

I am a happy man who have received the sample of this fantastic book from the hands of Jean-Yves Lorant.

It is and it will be a must for a long long time. I am s^re it will be like a bomb, something of really new since a long time

80% of the the photos were never published before, for the last 20% you will not recognize because they are of a great quality

There are many profiles, superb profiles of Claes Sundin which are not as we are in the habit of seeing

But the best is how was written the text, naturally you must know French to understand the quality of the text , I am sûre that Neil did his best to To transcribe the sharpness of the French of the author.

Many French authors would read this to learn to write in good french, but there is not only that. it is a vivid text very easy to read, and every line You learn something, and the photos are always near the text and sometime a profile is also there. It seems that the author was always among these pilots.

It's great for the eyes, for the reading, for learning how was the life of these german pilots in the 2 years of the end of the war.

The only thing which I am disappointed is my bad English because it is diifficult to say, to explain how is great this work..

Thank you

(33) 661 406 013

many.souffan@gmail.com
Old 17th June 2005, 22:54
Alter Hase

edwest is an unknown quantity at this point

Your excitement and comments about the quality of this book came through clearly. Sounds great!

Ed
Old 17th June 2005, 23:09

Many Souffan is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: JG 300 book

Thank you Ed.

it is a really a excitment to see for example the photo and and the profile of the green 1 of hajo Hermann, but it's better to read the visit of Goering to to JG 300
because it's funny, because you understand the stupidity of this man, because Jean-Yves write vividly with a great sense of humour that you can't say it's not possible the author had participated to this scene, but believe me it is written in great French. Mr Lorant always has this quality in its narrative, to be a teacher, precise and simple. Every photo is always useful never superfluous.

(33) 661 406 013

many.souffan@gmail.com
Old 18th June 2005, 11:17

Von Alles

Hi,

I got my copy of the French edition this morning from the postman : WOW !!!
I can't say more !! A very high quality book with a large format, paper, printing and so on... large pictures...
A very good summer of reading !

Thank you very much Mr Lorant and Mr Goyat

Friendly
VonAlles