Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20th May 2019, 20:34

HenFre is on a distinguished road
Luftwaffenflugzeugführerscheines

Hello

I am interested in what kind of education the fledgling Luftwaffe pilot had to go through in order to obtain the Luftwaffenflugzeugführerscheines (LF)

I have read the book "Die Flugzeugführer - Ausbildung der Deutchen Luftwaffe 1935 - 1945, Band I, Von der Grundausbildung bis zur Blindflugschule" by Carlsen and Meyer.
This is by all means a great book. It does however not go into great detail on what the pilots curriculum was nor how the education was carried out in practice. So that leads me to my first question: Does there excist a book that goes into greater detail about this initial training?

I have found some references to a paper called: "Die flugzeugführerausbildung A/B" by General Major Rath, and I have found the following:

ZA 3/29
Bd. 3: Flugzeugführerausbildung A/B. Studie von Oberst (?) Rath, o.Dat., Anlagen

Bandnummer 3
Enthält :
Gliederung des Stabes der 1. Fliegerschuldivision;
Gliederung der 1. Fliegerschuldivision, Göppingen;
Gliederung einer Flugzeugführerschule A/B;
Zusammenstellung der Schul-, Übungs- und Prüfungsflüge auf A 2-Flugzeugen;
Übersicht über die Unterrichtsstunden und Fächer des A-Lehrstoffes, des B-Lehrstoffes;
Zusammenstellung der Schul-, Übungs- und Prüfungsflüge auf B 1-Flugzeugen und B 2-Flugzeugen;
Zusammenstellung der Flüge in der Kunst- und Verbandsflugausbildung;
Organisation des Ausbildungsdienstes einer Flugzeugführerschule A/B.;
(Verfasser: [Major und Lehrgangsleiter Weldin]), 6. Dez. 1940, mit Anlagen

Unterlagenart: Sachakte
Benutzungsort: Freiburg

My question regarding this: Is it only possible to obtain this paper by going to Freiburg myself or employing a reseacher to find the paper for me?

And my third an final question (for now ): Is there anyone else in this forum who is interested in this subject and willing to share information?

Thank you for taking the time to read this. Have a nice day

Best regards

Henrik