Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Allied and Soviet Air Forces

Allied and Soviet Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the Air Forces of the Western Allies and the Soviet Union.

Old 9th June 2022, 21:28
Alter Hase

Adriano Baumgartner is on a distinguished road
Looking for the name of the CO of Airborne Forces Experimental Establishment (A.F.E.E.)

Good evening to all members.

Am trying to find the name of the C.O. of the Airborne Forces Experimental Establishment (A.F.E.E.).

I do have a Wing Commander DUDER which I suppose or believe, may be Wing Commander Derek Harvey Duder, DSO, DFC, MiD (RAFO 70192); but I can not confirm this.

Was he indeed the C.O.?

Adriano
Old 9th June 2022, 21:29
Alter Hase

Re: Looking for the name of the CO of Airborne Forces Experimental Establishment (A.F.E.E.)

MODERATORS: Sorry for not checking the correct Forum. I made a mistake adding here, instead of the Allied Forum.
Old 20th June 2022, 13:54
Alter Hase

RSwank is on a distinguished road
Re: Looking for the name of the CO of Airborne Forces Experimental Establishment (A.F.E.E.)

Tim Jenkins wrote a thesis on the evolution of British airborne forces which was later worked into a book. The thesis is here:

https://etheses.bham.ac.uk/id/eprint...nkins14PhD.pdf

One name he mentions is L. G. (Leslie Gorden) Harvey. http://www.rafweb.org/Biographies/Harvey_LG.htm

Last edited by RSwank; 22nd June 2022 at 14:15.
Old 20th June 2022, 14:57
Alter Hase

paulmcmillan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriano Baumgartner View Post
Good evening to all members.

Am trying to find the name of the C.O. of the Airborne Forces Experimental Establishment (A.F.E.E.).

I do have a Wing Commander DUDER which I suppose or believe, may be Wing Commander Derek Harvey Duder, DSO, DFC, MiD (RAFO 70192); but I can not confirm this.

Was he indeed the C.O.?

Adriano

Well based on what is here

https://www.yorkshire-aircraft.co.uk...43/dt736d.html

"In 1944 he was commanding 298 Squadron SOE flying Halifaxes, towing gliders in support of the airborne assaults."

I would image yes...
Old 22nd June 2022, 12:42
Alter Hase

SWANK and PAUL,

SWANK: Sent you a private message. The thesis link gave me a true North and some references (ORB) to check. MY DEEPEST GRATITUDE for that!
PAUL: Yes, I believe that by circa mid 1945, Wing Commander DUDER was indeed the CO of the AFEE; but I do not have yet found anything confirming. The airman I am writing about just recorded the Family name and rank, not the medals along....However, the chances are great that this is the same person.

Humbly yours,
Adriano
Old 23rd June 2022, 13:15
Alter Hase

RSwank is on a distinguished road

Adriano, FYI: I did not receive any PMs from you. I tried sending you a PM but your box is full.
Regards,
Rolland Swank
Old 24th June 2022, 16:31
Alter Hase

Rolland,

This Board (Toch) do permit sending to you an e-mail. I sent you an e-mail (maybe on the SPAM box) on the 22nd June.

Since I do not have your contact, maybe we can talk via: baumgartner_asv@yahoo.com.br

My gratitude for your kind answer and trying to contact. I deleted some messages on the PM Box now. Sorry for that.

Adriano