Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 15th November 2018, 14:27
Alter Hase

ju55dk will become famous soon enough
Re: Danish Pilot Peter Horn - aircraft info wanted

No it will be february-march next year, that I will be in Freiburg again.
Junker
Old 15th November 2018, 17:12
Alter Hase

Stig Jarlevik will become famous soon enough

All

Since this topic has started again, may I point out that the Wikipedia article about Peter Horn is also gone.

Cheers
Stig
Old 16th November 2018, 02:54

PMoz99 is on a distinguished road

I can still see a very brief article on Wiki, but any reference to his Luftwaffe involvement has been removed. I had saved the original some time ago as a .mht file if anyone really wants it.
A very sad state of affairs.
Peter
Old 16th November 2018, 10:54
Alter Hase

knusel is on a distinguished road

Is somebody trying to erase history ?

M
Old 16th November 2018, 11:25

Mikkel Plannthin

See post 11-13 :-)

Mikkel
Old 16th November 2018, 13:19
Alter Hase

Hello Mr. Plannthin,

hope you're doing fine.
Can you confirm that Peter Horn most likely scored his 11 kills from January until July 1942 in I./JG51 ?

Have a good weekend,

Michael
Old 16th November 2018, 14:31

Mikkel Plannthin

Michael
I do not have access to other sources than the ones already mentioned. The family despute that these sources are correct, or at least that the person mentioned in these sources is their relative. I have respected this insofar that Horn is not mentioned on my website anymore. In the original article I was meticulous in mentioning the sources of my information.

Until someone access the personnel file in Freiburg to gather more information(and I am awaiting Junker to do so), I have chosen to accept that all my sources were of a secondary nature, and therefore not of a "higher value" than information provided by relatives.

I have never had anything to do with the Wikipedia entry, even if my site is used as a source. Therefore, I have not been invovled in the revision thereof.

Mikkel
Old 16th November 2018, 20:13
Alter Hase

Good evening,

Denmark should acknowledge its highest-scoring fighter pilot even if he didn't fly for the Allies. It's not a question of ethics but of historical accuracy.

Have a nice weekend,

Michael
Old 16th November 2018, 20:50

Mikkel Plannthin

Michael
Just to set things straight. We are a number of Danes interested in aviation history who would like to tell the story of all pilots no matter who they fought for. As it happens my interest is mainly volunteers (pilots as well other trades) in the Allied air forces, but my website is dedicated to WW2 aviators fighting in all air forces.

I have been told in no uncertain terms by a family that they do not like their relative to be mentioned on my website. This I have respected for various reasons some of which I mentioned. It would, in my view, be unethical (and btw perhaps unlawful) if I had not deleted the profile on my website.

I for one would like to tell the story of anybody who fought in WW2 among other reasons to promote historical accuracy. That is why, I shall not mention him on my website before I am certain that have the facts one hundred per cent right. And in my view this is not the case on the basis of a number of secondary sources, which - at least I myself - have not linked to the person in question.

It you are insinuating that I have other reasons for not mentioning a specific person on my website, you are are wrong.

Mikkel
Old 17th November 2018, 01:38
Alter Hase

My appeal was not addressed to you but rather to the relatives of Mr Horn.
You're decision to respect the wish of the family was right but the family should not strive to conceal history.
M