Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Movies and Documentaries

Movies and Documentaries Please use this forum to review or discuss movies and documentaries.

Old 1st February 2008, 10:40

Griffon is on a distinguished road
three great documentaries to watch...

Hello all!

as I had a great thread recently in another forum about this "Hunters in the Sky" docs, someone posted a link to http://www.stage6.com;
I have been using this site for over a week now and have already gotten a large amoung of docs, worth several tens of GBs off of it
yesterday, I found three, named "Die Deutsche Luftwaffe"...
apparently, they are part of a larger series of films, but so far, I managed to locate only three films, but those are more than just great!!!

called "German Fighter Aircraft 1939-42" "German Fighter Aircraft 1942-45" und "Dive bombers", those feature some of the best footage of German warplanes I have ever seen...
there is JU-87s attacking Russian armour with their 37mm guns (cockpit shots!), colour footage of Galland and Rudel, taken at the end of the war (Rudel minus one leg), footage of prewar He-51s and Ar-68s, a colour guncam footage of a Dora9 about to get shot down (crisp and clear, you can clearly identify the Dora9!);
all weigh in about 800MB to 1,5 GB and need to be cut to their length, as they have some promotion footage of other docs at the end, but that is easily achieved...

ps.: you will need a DivX codec and player installed

cheers
phil
Old 29th February 2008, 16:45
Alter Hase

RudiS is on a distinguished road
Re: three great documentaries to watch...

This is, as far as I know, the whole series :

1. GERMAN FIGHTER AIRCRAFT OF WW2 - 1939-1942
2. GERMAN FIGHTER AIRCRAFT OF WW2 - 1942-1945
3. GERMAN BOMBERS & BOMBING RAIDS 1939-1942
4. GERMAN BOMBERS & BOMBING RAIDS 1942-1945
5. GERMAN DIVE BOMBERS & COMBAT AIRCRAFT OF WW2
6. GERMAN SUPPORT AIRCRAFT & GLIDERS OF WW2
7. GERMAN NIGHT FLYERS OF WW2
8. GERMAN JETS & V1 & V2 FLYING BOMBS OF WW2

You can find them all here :http://splashlinks.blogspot.com/

Just scroll down some pages. The language spoken is English.

There are some other good docs there, but some are in German only.

Greetings,
Rudi.