Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Closed Thread

Old 23rd April 2019, 18:54
Alter Hase

John Vasco will become famous soon enough
Re: The Eagles Over Europe Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Davis View Post
Another 8 months have passed and still there is nothing published. Can we expect to see something in 2019?
Three more months and not a word...

I know someone who has been bounced off another forum for daring to question the progress of the EOE Project.

In fact, I know of TWO. No names, no pack drill, though...

Don't any of you dare say it will never come to fruition...

Splinter Live at The Cavern, November 2006: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxOCksQUKbI

Danke schön, Dank schön ich bin ganz comfortable!
Old 23rd April 2019, 19:46
Alter Hase

ouidjat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Vasco View Post
I know someone who has been bounced off another forum for daring to question the progress of the EOE Project.
In fact, I know of TWO. ...

Nooooo, really ?
Old 23rd April 2019, 20:06
Alter Hase

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouidjat View Post

Nooooo, really ?
Yeeeeessss. Really.

I kid thee not!

Splinter Live at The Cavern, November 2006: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxOCksQUKbI

Old 23rd April 2019, 20:39
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Vasco View Post
Three more months and not a word...

Don't any of you dare say it will never come to fruition...
Happily the TOCH tablets of stone class this as legitimate doubt rather than heresy.
Old 23rd April 2019, 20:54
Alter Hase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Beale View Post
Happily the TOCH tablets of stone class this as legitimate doubt rather than heresy.
It is very, very, sad, Nick, as I was in on the EoE Project from the start...

Old 24th April 2019, 03:54

Del Davis is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: The Eagles Over Europe Project

I have been asking for updates on the project about every six months for several years now because of a sincere interest in seeing the product with all its profiles and other documentation. Like several others, I have doubts about the project , having seen how the Eagles over the Pacific project of the 1990s has never been completed. I posted on this and another well known Luftwaffe forum. For some unknown reason, after 5 years ,I am no longer allowed over there but I will continue to make inquiries over here
Old 24th April 2019, 13:39
Alter Hase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Davis View Post
I have been asking for updates on the project about every six months for several years now because of a sincere interest in seeing the product with all its profiles and other documentation. Like several others, I have doubts about the project , having seen how the Eagles over the Pacific project of the 1990s has never been completed. I posted on this and another well known Luftwaffe forum. For some unknown reason, after 5 years ,I am no longer allowed over there but I will continue to make inquiries over here

Damn, Del, I was trying to keep you anonymous!

Oh well, I have suddenly become only a 'guest' on that other forum in the last couple of weeks also.

So folks, don't ask questions over there, or suggest it may never come to fruition, else you will also get the hammer.

Old 24th April 2019, 15:10
Alter Hase

Larry deZeng will become famous soon enoughLarry deZeng will become famous soon enough

Some of you may recall the flame war brouhaha that I got into here on TOCH several years ago with the supreme dictator and Fuehrer of that "other website" over its imposed dictates of exclusivity, i.e., no postings could be viewed unless the intruder first became a sworn, card-carrying member approved by the supreme Fuehrer and his clique. Since then, a half-dozen or more reputable, published researcher-historian-authors known to me have been booted off the site for daring to ask simple questions that would be more than welcome here on TOCH. And, as John V. and others have stated, that is very, very sad. There is a good side to this bad penny, however: those booted have returned to TOCH where they are most welcome.

L.
Old 24th April 2019, 18:25
Alter Hase

RudiS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry deZeng View Post
Some of you may recall the flame war brouhaha that I got into here on TOCH several years ago with the supreme dictator and Fuehrer of that "other website" over its imposed dictates of exclusivity, i.e., no postings could be viewed unless the intruder first became a sworn, card-carrying member approved by the supreme Fuehrer and his clique.
L.
LOL
Old 24th April 2019, 21:00

sidney is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry deZeng View Post
Some of you may recall the flame war brouhaha that I got into here on TOCH several years ago with the supreme dictator and Fuehrer of that "other website" over its imposed dictates of exclusivity, i.e., no postings could be viewed unless the intruder first became a sworn, card-carrying member approved by the supreme Fuehrer and his clique...

L.
If I may. I do remember the initial, well-composed (obviously), strongly worded, very precise initial post on the subject. It came as a surprise to me that well-known researchers, authors, or the like were hardly treated any better than the rest of us there. It was enjoyable read, but I never saw the response to it. There was no need to follow the thread any further.
Closed Thread

Tags
eagles, europe