Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 23rd July 2010, 23:57

biltongbru is on a distinguished road
I./St.G 3, 2nd staffel Pilot web site base is finished: Hauptmann Heinz Migeod

This is a follow-up posting and update on the series of interviews on stuka pilot Heinz Migeod since May 2010.

The base line of the Heinz Migeod web site is finished:

http://www.heinzmigeod.com/

Included detailed updated copies of every page of his 1939-1941 Flugbuch (with German and English summaries of the comments parts) and Wehrpass. This information is comprehensive and conclusive as it confirms in a special way the movement and operations of the I./St.G 3 group. (Heinz told me that in this time no staffel of their group were detached)

Included on the site are 55 short interview videos and some with historical footage and images. A few selective videos were enhanced with computer graphics flying simulations.

He also assured me and gave permission that the information on this site, including his personal war photographs, is available for research and publishing.

Thanks to the contribution from members of this forum in previous threads regarding this topic.

Sample video with historical footage and computer graphics simulation:

Shot down and captured in North Africa:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHyWMkc6MCk
Old 24th July 2010, 00:11

Peter D Evans is on a distinguished road
Re: I./St.G 3, 2nd staffel Pilot web site base is finished: Hauptmann Heinz Migeod

Fantastic work, thanks for putting this wonderful resource together and sharing it with us... I've also taken the liberty to link your website over on the LEMB

Cheers
Peter D Evans
LEMB Administrator
Old 24th July 2010, 04:59
Alter Hase

Larry Hickey
Re: I./St.G 3, 2nd staffel Pilot web site base is finished: Hauptmann Heinz Migeod

Hello,

Do any photos exist in the Migeod Collection of Ju87Bs or pilots/crewmen from the units (I./StG76 & I./StG3) he flew with in 1940 (Western Campaign or Battle of Britain)? If so, how does one go about obtaining copies for research and publication?

Regards,
Old 24th July 2010, 08:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter D Evans View Post
Fantastic work, thanks for putting this wonderful resource together and sharing it with us... I've also taken the liberty to link your website over on the LEMB

Cheers
Peter D Evans
LEMB Administrator
Thanks and no problem presenting the site at LEMB
Old 24th July 2010, 08:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Hickey View Post
Hello,

Do any photos exist in the Migeod Collection of Ju87Bs or pilots/crewmen from the units (I./StG76 & I./StG3) he flew with in 1940 (Western Campaign or Battle of Britain)? If so, how does one go about obtaining copies for research and publication?

Regards,
There is one picture taken in France 1940 of Heinz's stuka camoflaged with his gunner Uffz. Josef Motzet sitting on the wheel. Here is the page with the picture:

http://www.heinzmigeod.com/campaign-in-france-1940.php

If you wish I can forward to you by e-mail a high resolution copy?

Tinus le Roux
Old 24th July 2010, 10:18
Alter Hase

RT is an unknown quantity at this point

Very, very interesting site , La Meslée really a great guy , impared in 44/45 because he stayed in the french aviation after june 1940,
French a bit odd sometimes Chateau, when several , need an "x" not an "s"

Remi
Old 25th July 2010, 23:21
Alter Hase

byron- is on a distinguished road

Thank you biltongbru
Old 25th November 2010, 17:05

Members;

It is very sad for me to announce that Heinz passed away last Thursday.
Just 5 days before he died we had lunch together at one of his favorite restaurants in Cape Town; Panama Jack. He was so full of jokes and in high spirits.

He told me some new stories on how they accidently bombed an Italian formation during the battle of Sidi Rezegh, He also told me how his mates played jokes on him where on a high ranking Luftwaffe pilot's dinner they filled his glass with clean cognac instead of shampagne during a RK award ceremony.

We had so many unfinished work to do; people all over the world see the web site and many asked direct questions to Heinz...he loved answering these. Family members of his comrades also sent messages to him.

The expected happened so unexpected...

He died very suddenly, the Wednesday he was feeling bad and next day he left us.

I am going to miss him very much; he was a true gentleman, young at heart, always being proud of the fact that once many years ago he was a Prussian officer of the Luftwaffe.

Thanks again to members of this forum who helped with information and pictures regarding the web site, especially Chris Goss who wrote an article to be placed in Fly Past.
S!
Tinus

Last edited by biltongbru; 25th November 2010 at 17:40.
Old 25th November 2010, 18:14

Maximowitz is on a distinguished road

Very sad news indeed..