Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 19th August 2005, 18:04

Marius is on a distinguished road
Re: Aircrew from I/ZG 76

Franek,
I do not ignore Polish documents. Why do you think this?
I am comparing German documents and Polish sources, that`s all.
Could you give an example for drawing conclusions too far away...?

Marius
Old 19th August 2005, 18:35
Alter Hase

Franek Grabowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marius
Franek,
I do not ignore Polish documents. Why do you think this?
I am comparing German documents and Polish sources, that`s all.
This was discussed in my letters - you ignored most if not all of the period documents of III/4 Dywizjon. Pniak's report of 4 September for example. Otherwise there was your ridiculous comment that there is no reson to dig in Sikorski Institute archives - actually there is still a lot of documents to be extracted from there, even concerning the best researched fighter aviation.

Quote:
Could you give an example for drawing conclusions too far away...?
This was also discussed in lenghth in both my letters, published and not published. This concerned eg. combats on 2 and 4 September.
Old 19th August 2005, 21:30

Franek,
the books title is: LUFTWAFFE over Poland. So I choose the German archives and not the Sikorski Institute (I didn`t wrote about the Polish squadrons!!). There was no ridiculous comment, but only the fact I couldn`t dig in both. By the way I was searching for German documents and German archives just were more interesting (see also the title...Luftwaffe...).

I read about the III/4 documents in Cynk`s book and didn`t ignored them. Who tell you I did? (by the way Cynk was digging in the Sikorski Institute). I`m very sorry, but there was nothing that could changed my statements about claimed or lost German aircraft. What do you mean with Pniak`s report? Was there something different? Do you mean the aircraft he has seen (Do 17)?

I asked for an example concerning my book, not the article on III/4. I sent an answer to Lotnictwo, did you get it?
You wrote you are not trusting my research in Jagdflieger, right?
Marius
Old 21st August 2005, 02:52
Alter Hase

Marius

Quote:
the books title is: LUFTWAFFE over Poland. So I choose the German archives and not the Sikorski Institute (I didn`t wrote about the Polish squadrons!!). There was no ridiculous comment, but only the fact I couldn`t dig in both. By the way I was searching for German documents and German archives just were more interesting (see also the title...Luftwaffe...).
I would agree but you attempted to write a story of the campaign rather than the air force. You continuously reffer to both the Polish airmen and the Polish sources, the latter being a really interesting mix. Your comment was extremally clear, that you do not see the point(!) to research Polish archives, as it was already done by others, and that the books are good enough source. Nothing more wrong, as PAF was only partially researched and the published sources quote only parts of available documents. Comment especially ridiculous in spite of your accusations of Mr Cynk, that he did not use any primary German documents.

Quote:
I read about the III/4 documents in Cynk`s book and didn`t ignored them. Who tell you I did? (by the way Cynk was digging in the Sikorski Institute). I`m very sorry, but there was nothing that could changed my statements about claimed or lost German aircraft.
Oh, I have learned that the one may not expect you change your statements. The point is that there are Polish documents and they do show

Quote:
What do you mean with Pniak`s report? Was there something different? Do you mean the aircraft he has seen (Do 17)?
He has seen twin engined aircraft and this and other documents strongly suggest those were Me 110s.

Quote:
I asked for an example concerning my book, not the article on III/4. I sent an answer to Lotnictwo, did you get it?
You wrote you are not trusting my research in Jagdflieger, right?
I wrote about your research in general. I have received your reply and even answered to it but I was told that you withdraw your letter. No wonder.
Old 21st August 2005, 11:05

Franek,
I am very surprised that you better know what I wanted to write about!
I never wrote the Polish books are enough source. But German archives were most important for my work. I repeat, the title of my books is LUFTWAFFE... and my books mainly describe the German action, day for day, hour for hour.

Indeed I think I wan`t find much more in the Sikorski Institute (than in Polish books) that could clear up more losses on German aircraft. Luftwaffe lost total 303 aircraft in September 1939 and I have found working here in Germany the fate of almost 300 of them. So what shall I look for in London?

Polish documents are even confirming many German documents, but you just don`t want to accept this. According to German documents you can show where the Polish documents are discoloured and overclaimed.

Until day there is no evidence that Bf 110 were engaged on 4.9. (I wrote about this, see German claims... post).

So you wrote about my research in general (?!). Franek, this is much to less to take your statemnets serious. I think you are making some kind of propaganda.
And somebody says not the truth about my answer to your letter. I didn`t withdraw it. Lotnictwo did not published it and later I agreed with their decision. That`s all.
(you can mail your answer to me if you want)

Marius
Old 21st August 2005, 11:06

FrankieS is on a distinguished road
Re: HEINZ FRESIA Aircrew from I/ZG 76

Hi Chris !
Database Entry of http://www.volksbund.de/graebersuche

Maybe this one is YOUR "Heinz Fresia" ?
Fresia, Heinz Leutnant 04.11.1915 (Bad Frankenhausen)
death/loss 26.12.1944 at "near Mecher"
Grave:
Block R Grave 218A, Kriegsgräberstätte in Sandweiler (Luxemburg)

and here an internet article mentioning his name:
http://www.billingsgazette.com/index...e/15-salee.inc

bye,
FrankieS
Old 21st August 2005, 11:07

Franek,
I mean the answer you wrote to Lotnictwo magazine.

Marius
Old 21st August 2005, 14:52

Hi Frankie,
Fresia flew in Poland 1939 with 2.Staffel/ZG 76 and was in the rank of Unteroffizier.

Marius
Old 21st August 2005, 15:09
Alter Hase

Quote:
I do not know what you wanted to write, I know what have you written.

Quote:
I never wrote the Polish books are enough source. But German archives were most important for my work. I repeat, the title of my books is LUFTWAFFE... and my books mainly describe the German action, day for day, hour for hour.
Mainly?

Quote:
Indeed I think I wan`t find much more in the Sikorski Institute (than in Polish books) that could clear up more losses on German aircraft. Luftwaffe lost total 303 aircraft in September 1939 and I have found working here in Germany the fate of almost 300 of them. So what shall I look for in London?
Documents showing air combats from the Polish perspective - you would not write such a nonsenses as you did in III/4 article.

Quote:
Polish documents are even confirming many German documents, but you just don`t want to accept this. According to German documents you can show where the Polish documents are discoloured and overclaimed.
Overclaimed reports - that is something new. Perhaps it is completely opposite and Polish documents show inaccuracies in the German reports?

Quote:
Until day there is no evidence that Bf 110 were engaged on 4.9. (I wrote about this, see German claims... post).
There is but you do not accept it.

Quote:
So you wrote about my research in general (?!). Franek, this is much to less to take your statemnets serious. I think you are making some kind of propaganda.
Call it what you want.

Quote:
And somebody says not the truth about my answer to your letter. I didn`t withdraw it. Lotnictwo did not published it and later I agreed with their decision. That`s all.
I cannot, I do not have your address.
Old 21st August 2005, 17:25

Franek,

Quote:

I do not know what you wanted to write, I know what have you written.

Really? I think you did not read my books. You even cannot give the page number of statements you are writing about here (for example Polish pilots as cowards or murderers?!).

Quote:
Mainly?

???
Please read the book, you will see it.

Quote:
Documents showing air combats from the Polish perspective - you would not write such a nonsenses as you did in III/4 article.

Do you have a single one evidence that Luftwaffe lost more aircraft to III/4 than I wrote in the article? If not you cannot write about nonsenses and similar things.

Quote:
Overclaimed reports - that is something new. Perhaps it is completely opposite and Polish documents show inaccuracies in the German reports?

Until now there wasn`t published anything of the Polish reports that could show inaccuracies in German reports. All you say is very hypothetical and we cannot work with. By the way, even if you would be right and could find some more aircraft lost to Polish fighters, where I don`t believe it could achieve more than 5, you never could reach 100 destroyed German aircraft as wrote Cynk. Please remember, I have found some 40-45 (with London archives - for your personal wish - perhaps maximally 50). How will you explain the abyss?

Quote:
There is but you do not accept it.

Okay, where is the evidence? If you will give me an other reliable source than the report of Pniak I will accept it. By the way Pniak spoke of two-engined aircraft.

Quote:
Call it what you want.

I call it propaganda, because you do not operate with sources, but only with metaphysical statements.

Quote:
I cannot, I do not have your address.

Okay, let it be.

Many regards,
Marius