Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 30th June 2010, 19:15
Alter Hase

Larry Hickey
Photos of a/c of Hptm. Dieter Hrabak StaKap 1./JG76-4./JG54 & Gr Kdr of II./JG54

Hello,

I'm looking for photos of 1940 RK winner Dieter Hrabak's a/c during 1940, especially the one he was flying during the Battle of Britain when he won the RK on 21.10.40 with 16 victory claims. I'm aware of the distance photo of his GrKdr a/c in Jagdwaffe, Vol 2, Sect 3, P. 257, and the distance shot of his GrKdr a/c on P. 310 of Prien's JFV 4/II. Also the one from 1941 in "Flugzeug Dokumentation: Von der Fliegerschule zm Einsatzverband" P. 453 by Meyer/Stipdonk, which may show his RK a/c, but with a later camouflage scheme. Unfortunately, none of these show clear views of either his a/c or scoreboard during the 1940 period with either of the above units. He was promoted from StaKap 1./JG76-4./JG54 to II Gr Kdr on 1.8.40.

Does anyone know a source for good photos of his StaKap 109 in 1940, or his GrKdr a/c during the August to Oct. 1940 period, especially his scoreboard at the time that he won the RK? Also, photos of his scoreboard anytime prior to this period would also be welcome. I'm aware of the profile of his "White 1" during 1939 that was published a couple of years ago in a Polish publication, which I don't believe is actually supported by photos. The photos of Fw Hier's White 1 that force landed in the west in 1939 was probably not Hrabak's regular a/c, although he did fly this W.Nr. briefly. Mostly he is believed to have flown "White 11" as StaKap during the 1939 period, and possibly also in 1940. Any additional info on his a/c or photos of his planes would be most appreciated.

Thanx,