Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 7th July 2021, 04:33

ad astra is on a distinguished road
Re: TSAMO: German Docs in Russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
From a more detailed listing:

He 219 captured in Northern Germany:
43 Westerland
1 Husum
2 Blankensee

He 219 captured in Denmark:
7 Grove
1 Kastrup
Hello Gerhard,

The 2nd TAF Report of the inspection on May 16 lists two He 219 as destroyed which corresponds with reports that almost all aircraft at Blankensee were destroyed by GAF personnel on May 2nd. The above attachment refers to aircraft "handed over", which appears to describe intact aircraft such as at Westerland and in Denmark. As far as I know, there is no photograph of the He 219 at Husum.

I wonder whether the OKL Nord list would include the two destroyed aircraft or whether it refers to two other He 219? No doubt, the Blankensee aircraft meet the "Nordraum" location.

Kind regards
Mathias
Old 13th July 2021, 17:34
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about

Akte 440 in the OKH series of files is unusual. The material dates from September and October 1939 and is a mixture of Army documents and many Luftwaffe items including orders for the establishment of units including new Jagstaffeln, and Kampfgruppe Ju 88 (Greifswald, 21 September 1939).

On 19 September, there is an order to establish two Kampfgeschwader staff and 14 Kampgruppen, along with a list of these and document setting out where they are all based.

The first items on the file deal with air attacks (mainly friendly fire) on German troops in the Polish Campaign.

Akte 580 (in Russian) has plans of the Vienna Flak towers.

Akte 441 deals with the air defence of Romania in 1944 including fighter and Flak dispositions as well as bar charts of of Bf 109 G-6 production.

Akte 845 has maps of Aufkl.Gr. Ob.d.L. reconnaissance flights over the Soviet Union in May and June 1944 before Barbarossa.

Akte 270: oblique photos of the Sussex coast taken by 3.(F)/10 on 1 September 1940.

Akte 62 explains all the various organisation symbols used on maps and orders of battle by the army, navy and Luftwaffe (176 pages in all).
Old 14th July 2021, 15:32
Alter Hase

Franek Grabowski is on a distinguished road

Have you found anything interesting from your point of view? For me it was a bit disappointing. I wonder how many of the files do exist in other copies in BAMA.
Old 14th July 2021, 16:39
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franek Grabowski View Post
Have you found anything interesting from your point of view? For me it was a bit disappointing. I wonder how many of the files do exist in other copies in BAMA.
Worth it for the 1940 daily sitreps alone. For me at the moment that is the biggest thing but there are other individual documents that I'm finding useful too. Anyone researching the Polish campaign would be very happy, I think.

They may exist in BA-MA but I can read the online ones without spending time in quarantine!
Old 14th July 2021, 17:10

AndreasB is on a distinguished road

Did you come across anything related to North Africa? In particular daily sitreps for October 41 - February 42?

All the best

Andreas
Old 14th July 2021, 17:23
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasB View Post
Did you come across anything related to North Africa? In particular daily sitreps for October 41 - February 42?

All the best

Andreas
No, but I've only looked at a small part of what's there. Because it's material the USSR captured, the bias seems to be toward the Eastern Front. The daily situation reports for the Western Front (captured in Vienna) go up to just before Barbarossa and include a »Lage Süd« section summarising the campaigns the Italians were engaged in but I haven't seen other African material yet.
Old 14th July 2021, 19:41

Andy Mitchell will become famous soon enoughAndy Mitchell will become famous soon enough

Don't forget this link http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/showth...an+docs+russia

Andy Mitchell

LuftwaffeData Wiki including the history of Aufklgr. 122
Old 14th July 2021, 20:13
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Mitchell View Post
Good call. Two threads now merged into one.
Old 16th July 2021, 17:03

richdlc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Beale View Post
Only 46 pages and no German title but there are some interesting items in Дело 290 which seems to relate to German liaison with the Allied and Russian authorities right after the surrender, covering Schleswig-Holstein, Denmark and Norway. Two sample pages attached.
Nick - my friendly Russian source tells me that the cover page for these documents is as follows:

The typed text is (line by line):

Documents of German general staff about armed forces of
Germany, received by Major general Trusov
in town Flensburg on 20.05-23.05.1945.
Folder #2
Received from the staff of 1st Bielorussian Front.

Here is the info on Maj-Gen. Trusov

https://generals.dk/general/Trusov/N...iet_Union.html

Last edited by richdlc; 16th July 2021 at 23:44.
Old 17th July 2021, 03:00
Alter Hase

Franek Grabowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Beale View Post
Worth it for the 1940 daily sitreps alone. For me at the moment that its the biggest thing but there are other individual documents that I'm finding useful too. Anyone researching the Polish campaign would be very happy, I think.

They may exist in BA-MA but I can read the online ones without spending time in quarantine!
There is a lot of stunning stuff for the Polish Campaign, indeed, but much to my surprise it seems that the same KTBs are missing, like I/ZG 1, much to my disappointment. I fully agree, that the ability of viewing them online is a big advantage, though on the other hand, I am crying for OCR search.

Anyway, I was looking for the war over the Channel 1940-1944, and I have found daily reports only, and those seem a big disappointment, at least to me. Only Lfl 3 provided more detailed information through 1940 (have them from another source), the rest is so vague, that it is making it almost useless.

I guess that there is plenty of fascinating stuff for other areas, though.