Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 1st August 2005, 20:09
Alter Hase

Jim P. will become famous soon enough
Ofw. Ulrich Veh - JG 300

Does anyone know the fate of Ulrich Veh from JG 300. The old nightfighter loss list done by Hoehler claims he was killed in a crash on 6.Mar.44, however this loss does not appear in the new Lorant book.
Old 1st August 2005, 22:12

Jean-Yves Lorant is on a distinguished road
Re: Ofw. Ulrich Veh - JG 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim P.
Does anyone know the fate of Ulrich Veh from JG 300. The old nightfighter loss list done by Hoehler claims he was killed in a crash on 6.Mar.44, however this loss does not appear in the new Lorant book.
Soweit bekannt fiel Ofw. Ulrich Veh bei einem Tagesangriff einer amerikanischen Bombergroup am 8 März 1944 - er flog bei diesem Zeitpunk nicht mehr bei der I./JG 300, sondern bei der I./NJGr. 10. Seine Messerschmitt Bf 109 G-6 zerschellte in der Nähe von Treuenbrietzen. Ursache bisher unbekannt.
Old 1st August 2005, 22:27

Erich

Jean-Yves:

Congratulations on your JG 300 work.

A side note on Veh which you and Jim may have already. Bf 109G-6 crash due to enemy action at 14.30 hrs. 109 Wrk. # 15262 ?

Erich ~
Old 1st August 2005, 23:14
Alter Hase

John Manrho will become famous soon enough

Jean-Yves, welcome to the board!. I am awaiting your book from Eagle Editions with great anticipation.... Cheers, John.
Old 2nd August 2005, 00:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Manrho
Jean-Yves, welcome to the board!. I am awaiting your book from Eagle Editions with great anticipation.... Cheers, John.
Many thanks for the kind words to you both Erich and John. Next time you will perhaps enjoy my poor home-made english... John, your Bodenplatte book will remain for the rest of my life one of my favourites !

Cheers, Jean-Yves
Old 3rd August 2005, 15:19
Alter Hase

Jim P. will become famous soon enough

Thank you Mr. Lorant for that clarification. And congrats on the publication of your book. And to John M. - the book is definitely worth the wait!!
Old 3rd August 2005, 20:31
Alter Hase

Well, Jean-Yves and Jim, what can I say? I am very happy that the result of the many hours of "work" of Ron and me resulted in some happy customers....!!!

I am quite happy with the result and even more with the positive feedback. I had only hoped that the book would result in more data getting available on Bodenplatte, but that is until now very limited. Nothing real new popped up. There are a number of errors in the book, mainly typos or mistakes made in proof reading of the final lay out. Only a few mistakes or misinterpretations by us....mea culpa. By the end of the year I plan to write up an Errata sheet and will post it here.

John.

Last edited by John Manrho; 3rd August 2005 at 23:00.
Old 4th August 2005, 00:48

[quote=John Manrho]Well, Jean-Yves and Jim, what can I say? I am very happy that the result of the many hours of "work" of Ron and me resulted in some happy customers....!!!

I am quite happy with the result and even more with the positive feedback. I had only hoped that the book would result in more data getting available on Bodenplatte, but that is until now very limited. Nothing real new popped up. There are a number of errors in the book, mainly typos or mistakes made in proof reading of the final lay out. Only a few mistakes or misinterpretations by us....mea culpa. By the end of the year I plan to write up an Errata sheet and will post it here.

John.[/QUOTE = Jean-Yves Lorant] Dear John, something real new may pop up on Bodenplatte, since I can confirm the fact that Major Gerhard Schröder, c/o II.(Sturm)/JG 4 did not led the Sturmgruppe on 1st January. Hans-Martin Markhoff related me the whole story, and particularly what happened with Major Schröder after Bodenplatte. I recently discovered two good photos of Erhard Niese and Gerhard Schröder (the latest with the rank of an Hauptmann) taken in Welzow. If you want this little account, please contact my friend Neil Page who will give you my new adress.
Cheers,
Jean-Yves Lorant.
Old 4th August 2005, 22:34
Alter Hase

Jean-Yves, thanks, you will hear from me soon! Cheers, John.
Old 29th July 2006, 12:36
David Layne

I would appreciate any information on Ulrich Veh.

From the research I have made I believe Veh shot down my Father's Lancaster (JA 708) over Mannheim on September 23rd 1943. I am in the process of researching my Father's war time experiances and any information about Ulrich Veh would be of great interest.