Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 11th July 2006, 17:18

Steve49 is on a distinguished road
Operation Jubilee Flak claims

Does anybody have a copy of the Luftwaffe claims lists? I'm trying to identify the 20 Allied aircraft claimed by the Dieppe based flak units on 19th August 1942.

I've identifed one claim; a 'Hampden' shot down by 1/3/237 [a typo for Lei.flakabt.732?] near Berneval at 0605. (This was actually a 13 Sqn Blenhiem that appears to have already been damaged by 'friendly fire').

It seems that the Luftwaffe flak units actually underclaimed, with at least 32 aircraft (and as many as 36 aircraft) being shotdown/abandoned over the channel or written off after flak damage. In-addition more than 70 aircraft suffered varying degrees of damage from ground fire.

With a trip to the Canadian archives eating up my travel budget for this year I won't be able to visit Frieburg before next Spring at the earliest, so I wonder if any body has a copy of the relevant page of the microfilm.

Thanks in advance for any help

Regards

Steve Pegge