Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Closed Thread

Old 19th May 2017, 22:48
Alter Hase

Teresa Maria is on a distinguished road
Hans Beißwenger

Dear All,
Do you happen to know whether Hans Beißwenger was married? (If so, who was his wife?)
Should you wonder why I'm asking, I'm not really in love with him. I just find him very handsome.
Old 19th May 2017, 23:21
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about
Re: Hans Beißwenger

Oh, give it a rest for Heaven's sake.
Old 20th May 2017, 00:18
Alter Hase

Surely, a question about the serial number of his plane would be much more interesting?
I'm not asking about anything too intimate to appear in an official biography.
Old 20th May 2017, 08:26

Peter Cornwell is on a distinguished road

Fair enough - whatever floats your particular boat. But please help me understand your use of the phrase 'an official biography'. 'Official' in precisely what sense ?
Old 20th May 2017, 08:36

Steve Coates will become famous soon enoughSteve Coates will become famous soon enough

If you're really that interested in all these guys, then why not take yourself down to the BA-MA Freiburg for a week and research their PERS-6 files? You will need to complete a clearance form, so I would be general rather than overly specific as regards your interest.

Failing that, engage a paid researcher like Sebastian Remus: http://www.bundesarchiv.de/imperia/m...freiburg_2.pdf
Old 21st May 2017, 00:27
Alter Hase

Dear Steve,
Thank you very, very much for your answer. This seems to be a wonderful possibility! In fact, I'm going to Freiburg in July, to a conference organised by the Pedagogical University (nothing to do with fighter pilots, though; rather, it's devoted to multilingualism in education, language teaching, etc.; in fact, I'm a linguist ) and I hope to be able to make a trip to Wehr afterwards, to visit Friedrich Rupp's grave. Funny as it may seem, Friedrich is the greatest love of my life.
(Apparently, even unattractive women like me dream of love too... This is crazy, because love doesn't exist. I wish I could come round to the view that love was rubbish!)
I'll try to reconcile my participation in the conference with a visit to the Bundesarchiv.
Yes, fighter pilots fascinate me a lot, and there were a few about whom I'd like to know more... also about Friedrich, definitely.
Thank you very much once again!!! <3
Old 21st May 2017, 00:37
Alter Hase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Cornwell View Post
Fair enough - whatever floats your particular boat. But please help me understand your use of the phrase 'an official biography'. 'Official' in precisely what sense ?
For example, Erich Hartmann's biography 'The Blond Knight of Germany' says that he married Ursula Paetsch, whom he had loved for years, and nobody regards that as a taboo.
Similarly, Helmut Lent's biography 'The Lent Papers' mentions the fact that he was married and had two daughters.
Old 21st May 2017, 07:24

Peter Cornwell is on a distinguished road

I will try again this one last time. Who commissioned the biography you are working on?
Old 21st May 2017, 21:29
Alter Hase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Cornwell View Post
I will try again this one last time. Who commissioned the biography you are working on?

No, I'm not writing a biography. I only meant that I was asking about information that was not too intimate or taboo. I am also against poking one's nose into disgraceful details, like, for example, publishing information about a fighter pilot's homosexuality (I was outraged at the posthumous attack on Ian Gleed), but I don't think that asking about a pilot's marital state is too intimate, while asking about the serial number of his plane is OK.
Old 21st May 2017, 21:31
Alter Hase

By the way, I've just been given a wonderful tip in a private message. Does anyone happen to have Hans Beißwenger's Soldbuch?
Closed Thread