Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines

Books and Magazines Please use this forum to review or discuss books and magazines.

Old 28th July 2020, 17:21

Edward is on a distinguished road
Announcement for Revised Edition of Black Cross Red Star Volume I

Black Cross Red Star – Air War over the Eastern Front: Volume I Operation Barbarossa
(Vaktel Förlag - Winter 2020 / 2021)
by Christer Bergström
384 pages - hardcover. large format

"The very much asked for, most extensively updated and very much expanded completely new edition of Black Cross Red Star Volume 1".

"The first edition of Volume 1 was based on the amount of research undertaken by the authors in the late 1990s. Christer Bergström has continued his in-depth research into the subject ever since then, and the result is a new edition of Black Cross / Red Star, Volume 1 that exceeds the first edition regarding the quality of the material to the point that the new edition actually is a completely new book."

"The first edition contained a maximum of 100,000 words. The second edition not only has much higher quality as far as the research is concerned but also contains twice that word count, a very large number of absolutely new photos (many of which are from pilot veterans’ photo albums and have never been published before), printed in the same high quality as in Volumes 4 and 5."

Also:Aircraft color profiles
Many large and clear maps

https://vaktelforlag.se/produkt/blac...on-barbarossa/

Last edited by Edward; 28th July 2020 at 22:12.
Old 28th July 2020, 21:19

AMC is on a distinguished road
Re: Announcement for Revised Edition of Black Cross Red Star Volume I

Let's see what happens to the 1st editions now?, and the greedy sellers.
It's the only one I don't have, so great news.
Wish RZM would do the same with "Kampfgruppe Muhlenkamp"