Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Closed Thread

Old 27th October 2007, 11:55
Alter Hase

John Vasco will become famous soon enough
Re: To Sudek 13

Mr Sicuro,

Don't try to flannel me with attempted long explanations. You came on here and attempted to take the moral high ground regarding copyright of Third Reich Publications. That has been discussed at length in other threads on this Forum.

What I don't like is that you set yourself up as being above others on this Forum, and being the intellectual superior of them.

I get angry and call you out because you insult my (and I suspect others) intelligence.

You can defend your company by all means. But do not mislead, or attempt to mislead.

Let me put this in as simple terms as possible. You can REPRODUCE (as you have done) works of the Third Reich, but you cannot possibly claim copyright over the ORIGINAL work. Because you are not the originator. You cannot stop people quoting from the same documents that you have used. All you can do is publish a work, and put the little copyright emblem on a page at the front (for that complete book), and get an ISBN number, and send the required copies to the legal deposit section of whichever country you are in (in the UK when I last published it was 6 copies).

So I don't withdraw anything I have said. Before you come on here pontificating about copyright, you would do well to you know the breadth of knowledge about such things already on this Forum. I am not alone, there are others who regularly visit here who have knowledge and experience of the publishing industry (far more than myself), but they have not chipped in to the discussion (yet).

Don't try to preach to us as if we are ignoramouses. There's more knowledge on here than you could ever imagine. Harrison987 has got this thing sussed. Go read his posts properly.

Splinter Live at The Cavern, November 2006: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxOCksQUKbI

Danke schön, Dank schön ich bin ganz comfortable!
Old 28th October 2007, 01:45

LuckySicuro is on a distinguished road

Mr Vasco

You speak right .. NOW.... or quite different . Do not you ??

It was NOT my intention to preach anything ..

''' Everyone has not complete and so deeply knowledge about everything ...

I suppose you Sir did not catch ..... my point.... one more time ...

Just make this situation Clear and you did right NOW in this " Answer '

Your Point It is clear........ NOW................

and My Bottom Line is the following :................

--- We have copyright OUR work -----

==== " One revisions Version of Original works of the Third Reich " ====

==== Revision and Modification that Has the Same title Because is the Same Subject .. Burt has not the same ORIGINAL Contents ===

== NO One has never contact us about what we have done about .. ====

=== I do not have idea who and were this information were dispatch in this forum... I realize now in casual mode..... =====

Please avoid to refer to " US " about this issues

Please try to talk about what yo and everyone else has enough knowledge about.. OR at list do not refer to other party that can not explain.and be part of your Arena . ...etc......etc.. etc.

I appreciate very much this answer from you ...Please accept my apology I should have written " kindly enough " instead I was a little bit upset of your " Not correct expression "

I realize NOW that I misinterpret your thought

Please accept my apology for my misinterpretation of your thought

Sincerely
Fortunato Sicuro

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Vasco View Post
Mr Sicuro,

Don't try to flannel me with attempted long explanations. You came on here and attempted to take the moral high ground regarding copyright of Third Reich Publications. That has been discussed at length in other threads on this Forum.

What I don't like is that you set yourself up as being above others on this Forum, and being the intellectual superior of them.

I get angry and call you out because you insult my (and I suspect others) intelligence.

You can defend your company by all means. But do not mislead, or attempt to mislead.

Let me put this in as simple terms as possible. You can REPRODUCE (as you have done) works of the Third Reich, but you cannot possibly claim copyright over the ORIGINAL work. Because you are not the originator. You cannot stop people quoting from the same documents that you have used. All you can do is publish a work, and put the little copyright emblem on a page at the front (for that complete book), and get an ISBN number, and send the required copies to the legal deposit section of whichever country you are in (in the UK when I last published it was 6 copies).

So I don't withdraw anything I have said. Before you come on here pontificating about copyright, you would do well to you know the breadth of knowledge about such things already on this Forum. I am not alone, there are others who regularly visit here who have knowledge and experience of the publishing industry (far more than myself), but they have not chipped in to the discussion (yet).

Don't try to preach to us as if we are ignoramouses. There's more knowledge on here than you could ever imagine. Harrison987 has got this thing sussed. Go read his posts properly.
Old 28th October 2007, 09:49

bavgan is on a distinguished road

John Vasco,

Sikuro Publishing is claiming copyrights of these manuals. This is very clear in the Canadian websites posted previously. If you think that there is something wrong with this claim, you can find a lawyer, and bring it to court. If any other person has the same problem with you (as you have mentioned), they can take the same action too.

However, this forum is not the place to force Mr. Sicuro to change his mind about the copyrights issues. It is very clear that noone would listen your "intelligence", and stop a business because of some threads posted against him at a forum on the internet.

Batur
Old 28th October 2007, 13:34
Alter Hase

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavgan View Post
John Vasco,

Sikuro Publishing is claiming copyrights of these manuals. This is very clear in the Canadian websites posted previously. If you think that there is something wrong with this claim, you can find a lawyer, and bring it to court. If any other person has the same problem with you (as you have mentioned), they can take the same action too.

However, this forum is not the place to force Mr. Sicuro to change his mind about the copyrights issues. It is very clear that noone would listen your "intelligence", and stop a business because of some threads posted against him at a forum on the internet.

Batur
Bavgan,

What are you talking about? Go read my posts properly, particularly the last one. Couldn't be clearer. And go read Harrision987's posts as well, and you will then understand the whole picture.

Whatever gave you the idea I was trying to force Mr. Sicuro to change his mind about copyright issues? The simple issue was (now read this carefully, and take it in): Nobody can claim copyright on a document produced in the Third Reich, because they were not the originator of the document. Period. Blindingly simple, when you think about it.

Your last sentence is just a load of nonsense, because you don't understand the point I'm making.

Splinter Live at The Cavern, November 2006: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxOCksQUKbI

Last edited by John Vasco; 28th October 2007 at 21:59.
Old 28th October 2007, 17:17
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about

And now that's cleared up, how about giving this thread a rest?
Old 28th October 2007, 19:00
Alter Hase

Chris Goss has a spectacular aura aboutChris Goss has a spectacular aura about

I concur. This is now getting too 'hot' and personal for this type of forum and my liking
Old 28th October 2007, 19:38

WEISNER is on a distinguished road

Same here, The language especially is somthing I do not want my Young son reading as he likes to visit also. I wonder if this conversation would be the same were these two sitting at a table together and not seperated by the internet?
These points could be made just the same using words the whole Family could read...
Kevin
Old 28th October 2007, 19:55

stephen f. polyak is on a distinguished road

What a sad turn for this forum. I cast my vote with Kevin, Chris, and Nick - enough!
Old 28th October 2007, 22:20
Alter Hase

Kevin,
I take your point and have removed what I can from those posts I can edit (I believe the 'quick reply' posts cannot be edited).

I agree with you Nick & Chris, this has run its course on copyright.

Some members have 'PM'ed me and stated their thoughts (which were in general agreement) and I have replied honestly. I have also replied to them stating my reservations about certain things in this thread. Feel free to PM me and I'll cover them with you, but not in open Forum.

And finally Kevin, yep, healthy cursing does nobody any harm occasionally, and yep, if we were sitting across a table I'd be saying the same things. And I am writing on an Adult Forum, not a children's Forum - the responsibility is yours, not mine, to monitor what your young son looks at on the internet. And I am fully aware of that, given that I have a grandson coming up 3, and in future years I will have to (along with his parents) ensure that he does not access the wrong kind of stuff when he is round my house. I assume that responsibilty for him, and the soon to be born granddaughter, but not for anybody else's child.

Old 28th October 2007, 23:14

WEISNER is on a distinguished road

John, You hit the nail on the head! It is an Adult forum, and when we act and speak like adults? then this forum can be used by anyone without worry. Perhaps you will understand some day? Nuff said on my part, and I will not be posting more in this thread, so no further argument from me.
Kevin