Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines

Books and Magazines Please use this forum to review or discuss books and magazines.

Old 26th August 2022, 20:19

Felix C is on a distinguished road
Air Classics Magazine question

Hello Everyone,

I recall AC had some good articles on wartime missions and unusual aircraft. Is there an online article database? Looking for two issues- one dealing with a French tri-motor equipped with a 75mm and the other regarding the June 8, 1944 B25 antishipping strike against some Japanese DDs near Biak. It had an unusual photo of Major Tennille's aircraft in flames over the Japanese ships. The text was very detailed as to the effects of the .50s on troops on deck. Gritty.

Both are 1970s era published articles.

I see many on Ebay and regrettably rare details as to the contents.

All help appreciated.
Old 29th August 2022, 10:30
Alter Hase

Adriano Baumgartner is on a distinguished road
Re: Air Classics Magazine question

Sir, have you written to the Editors of this magazine? Maybe they can be of assistance and do have a TI Data that could properly your answer.

By the way this is quite an interesting subject and do hope that you did not forget also the 37mm flying guns used by the French onto some of their WW1 machines.

IF a book arise from this subject, please keep us updated....

A.
Old 29th August 2022, 23:00

Felix C is on a distinguished road
Re: Air Classics Magazine question

Hello Adriano,

I found the B25 attack article. It was from Air Classics October 1969. "Suicide at Cape Waios."
I expect to find the other one soon.
Trawled Ebay by year and closely examined the covers for the issue topic listings.

I found the other one. It is in Wings June 1982.

Last edited by Felix C; 30th August 2022 at 11:35.