Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 11th May 2024, 23:56

Broncazonk is on a distinguished road
Luftwaffe Claims/Losses September '39 - June '40

Please forgive me for this, but would someone please guide me to an online resource that tallies Luftwaffe claims/losses for Poland and the Battle of France? (I know it must be well known resource, but I cannot find it.)

Also, what book would be recommended that covers the air war in Poland and the Battle of France?

Thank you.

Bronc
Old 12th May 2024, 23:58
Alter Hase

robert is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Luftwaffe Claims/Losses September '39 - June '40

Hi,
I wrote a book about airwar over Poland in September 1939 but it was not published and probably will be not published. I think I do have all Luftwaffe claims including bomber and recon units but the losses are for sure incomplete especially for recon units. But I did not summerized these numbers yet.
Old 13th May 2024, 02:42

Broncazonk is on a distinguished road
Re: Luftwaffe Claims/Losses September '39 - June '40

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert View Post
Hi,
I wrote a book about air war over Poland in September 1939 but it was not published and probably will be not published. I think I do have all Luftwaffe claims including bomber and recon units but the losses are for sure incomplete especially for recon units. But I did not summarized these numbers yet.
Important work, this. I am beginning to believe that Luftwaffe losses in Poland set the stage for Luftwaffe losses during the Battle of France which set the stage for Luftwaffe losses during the Battle of Britain which set the stage for...

Bronc