Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 8th April 2018, 13:29

DIRKIO
Fliegerhorst Erbenheim/Wiesbaden

Hello friends,
i am still in the process of writing my book onthe Fliegerhorst Erbenheim. It will be done Summer next year. Right now I have in the german pappers some ads about finding time witnesses and I found some ( ist hard since the personson working their till45, are now in their 80s!)
If anyone hase info or material Pictures stories .. i would be happy to hear from you, so maybe i can put them inthe book ( of courese with reference to you!)
I read a story of a ME262 landing there in 44 or45 and i cannot remenber where I found it!! Maybe someone can help me? The funny Thing is one timewitness saw the hole incesent a dn reported it to me and now I am missing the pages..
The story went like this:
A Jet driven airplane was to fly somewhere but had to diverd to Erbenheim which was the closest landing site. the Problem was that there was a flak unit at the end of the runway and the Pilot overflew the several time to Show them that he has german markings and they should not shoot- but the did not understand and shot at him anyway. so he landed with many hit and fire( maybe) and rolled into one of the Hangars. There he got out and was not amused..
my time whitness saw th whole thing and later the plane and I think that this is great story for the book! BUT as said I cannot remember who that was
Thanks for any help!!
Regards
Dirk
info@zgma.de
www.zgma.de
Old 8th April 2018, 13:36

Heuser is on a distinguished road
Re: Fliegerhorst Erbenheim/Wiesbaden

Dirk,

this was the Ar 234 of Olt. Erich Sommer / Kdo. Hecht on 24.12.1944. The whole story incl. photos was published in Griehls work about the Ar 234 as well as in the Monogram book about this aircraft.

Regards,

Heuser
Old 8th April 2018, 14:19
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heuser View Post
Dirk,

this was the Ar 234 of Olt. Erich Sommer / Kdo. Hecht on 24.12.1944. The whole story incl. photos was published in Griehls work about the Ar 234 as well as in the Monogram book about this aircraft.

Regards,

Heuser
Also recounted here: http://www.ghostbombers.com/recon/234/Goetz/goetz8.html with some details from deciphered signals not available when those books were written.
Old 8th April 2018, 14:20

DIRKIO

wow great!!thanks!! is it this book: Motorbuch Verlag (1. Januar 2003)
Sprache: Deutsch
ISBN-10: 3613022877
ISBN-13: 978-3613022874

Is it one page only or more pages for the Story etc?

??
Thanks Dirk