Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines

Books and Magazines Please use this forum to review or discuss books and magazines.

Old 9th January 2022, 22:50
Alter Hase

edwest2 will become famous soon enoughedwest2 will become famous soon enough
Guide To German Night Fighters In World War II: The Night Defenders Of The Reich

Scheduled for 7 February.

https://www.amazon.com/Guide-German-...+Mart%C3%ADnez

Usual disclaimer,
Ed
Old 10th January 2022, 02:54

Edward is on a distinguished road
Re: Guide To German Night Fighters In World War II: The Night Defenders Of The Reich

Guide To German Night Fighters In World War II: The Night Defenders Of The Reich
(Kagero – January 31, 2022
by Eduardo Manuel Gil Martínez
140 pages - paperback

"Many books on the Luftwaffe in World War II have been published over the years, although the Night Fighter´s branch has been studied less often. In our Guide to German Night Fighters in World War II, you will be able to know all the types and subtypes of aircraft used by the Luftwaffe in the night defense of Germany. In addition, in a didactic way we will know the history of the German Night Fighters, the units, aces, tactics, types of radars, the camouflages, the armament, etc. We will not forget the use of night fighters made in Germany in other countries such as Italy, Romania or Hungary, or even Japanese night fighters. Finally, we will make a ranking of the German night fighters to know which of them was the best. In this guide, you will find everything you need to learn about German Night Fighters in an easy but deep way."

About the Author
"Eduardo Manuel Gil Martínez has been interested in history for many years, particularly the Second World War. Determined to write about the little known stories, he is the author of several books including
Breslau 1945: El último bastión del Reich
Fuerzas acorazadas húngaras 1939-45
The Spanish in the SS and Wehrmacht.1944-45
The Bulgarian Air Force in World War II
Aeronautica Nazionale Repubblicana 1943-45
Romanian Armored Forces in World War II"
Old 31st May 2022, 08:47

Carsten Petersen is on a distinguished road
Re: Guide To German Night Fighters In World War II: The Night Defenders Of The Reich

Unfortunately I bought the book. It is one of the worst books about German nightfighters with a lot of errors. On top of that most of the pictures in the book comes from internet sites.
Old 31st May 2022, 21:30

richdlc will become famous soon enough

haha oh dear....
Old 1st June 2022, 00:37
Alter Hase

Stig Jarlevik will become famous soon enough

A clear warning

Don't buy anything made by that guy.
I agree with Carsten, he must be one of the worst authors ever.

I was unlucky enough to buy two of his previous books at the same time.

One of the worst mistakes of my life.....

Cheers
Stig
Old 1st June 2022, 15:34

FalkeEins will become famous soon enough

appalling...one of the worst titles yet printed by Kagero.
Old 1st June 2022, 16:06

pvanroy is on a distinguished road

I agree with the general sentiment expressed here - I also own two books by this author, and was thoroughly unimpressed with them, to put it tastefully. On that basis, I certainly won't be buying anything else from him.