Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > The Second World War in General

The Second World War in General Please use this forum to discuss other World War Two related subjects not covered by the main categories.

Closed Thread

Old 12th April 2008, 11:19
He who rules the forum...

Ruy Horta has disabled reputation
Re: Polish War Crimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franek Grabowski View Post
Well, it is rubbish, though indeed such stories appear, usually in the US or Canada. I cannot say if it is any rule, but such stories are usually spread by Jewes who survived the war in Soviet Union and were actively supporting Soviet occupation of Poland. There were some cases of killed Jewes indeed, but usually the background was criminal or executions of people actively supporting Soviet occupation (quite a high percentage). If there were any killings due to ethnicity, they were incidental.
Concerning books, can you read in Polish or do you need books in English?
Must be that the Poles being the good Catholics they are stand next to Saint Peter at the gates of heaven when it comes to righteousness and piety. If there ever was a Jew slain by Polish hands in an organized manner it was his just reward for being a Pinko Red!

Poor Jew who happened to have slightly different views. What would spark those Pinko Red sympathies? It could certainly not have been Polish culture, with its great love of Jews.

Poland was a victim in WW2, but you can overplay the part. Poles, Germans and Jews (etc) are not much different when it comes to playing that hurt part to suit their agenda and/or national/cultural psyche.

I won't enter a debate, since I am also host, but let my personal opinion be recorded. Last post I make on this subject.

And now I see with eye serene
The very pulse of the machine;
A being breathing thoughtful breath,
A traveller between life and death;
Old 14th April 2008, 19:20
Alter Hase

Franek Grabowski is on a distinguished road

I am wondering, why have you written all of this. Apparently you do not have a slightest idea what it was in Poland, but you note that it must have been as in other countries.
No it was not and there was no political organisation in Poland that supported physical extermination of Jews. Poland as a state did a lot to save Jews but all the requests aimed at highest levels of Western governments as well as American and British Jewry provided no results. This at the end resulted with suicidal death of member of Polish government, Szmul Zygielbojm, who tried to protest against silence of Polish Allies.
You chose to step on a highly offensive way, but it would be better to do it even with some basic knowledge.
Old 15th April 2008, 12:20
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franek Grabowski View Post
If there were any killings due to ethnicity, they were incidental.
I'm sure that made all the difference to the people who were killed.