Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 12th May 2014, 13:07
Alter Hase

Adriano Baumgartner is on a distinguished road
I thought I had seen everything in my life - AR234 picture bought at Ebay

Good morning to all members.

I thought I had seen everything in my life...Of course, like a fan I was aware of the rarity of this picture...but never imagined that the price would beat everything I saw at Ebay...

Recently a lovely picture of a JU 88 G-6 in flying formation was bought at 140.00 EU, which is indeed amazing...

But, this AR234 picture (although real beautiful, in all aspects - angle, light, etc..) real surprised me. Congratulations to the winner!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Foto-Luftw...ht_1844wt_1373

By the way...do we have (other members) particular details of this machine? What was its final?

Yours,
Adriano
Old 12th May 2014, 13:20
Alter Hase

ouidjat is on a distinguished road
Re: I thought I had seen everything in my life - AR234 picture bought at Ebay

No you have seen nothing!
During last WE two or three Bf 109s and one Fw190 reached 450Euros ... Leppla Gelbe 11 wasn't bad too ...
Always same bidders; looks like they are making a race against each others... Starting from h***z to the top of the list!
Old 12th May 2014, 19:49
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriano Baumgartner View Post
But, this AR234 picture (although real beautiful, in all aspects - angle, light, etc..) real surprised me. Congratulations to the winner!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Foto-Luftw...ht_1844wt_1373

By the way...do we have (other members) particular details of this machine? What was its final?

Yours,
Adriano
It appears to be T9+DH. Assuming only one machine carried that code, it was W.Nr. 140142. It was shot down in Italy on 11 April 1945 and its pilot, Ltn. Günther Gniesmer, died in hospital two days later.
Old 12th May 2014, 20:05

Peter Achs is on a distinguished road

The photo of the Ar 234 was few months listed on the website of the seller "koelsch333" for one tenth of the ebay price. Apparently no one was interested.

http://www.photos-of-the-past.com/shop/index.php

Regards
Peter
Old 13th May 2014, 11:40
Alter Hase

Adriano Baumgartner is on a distinguished road

NICK BEALE,

Thanks for the information of the pilot, his fate (and the fate of the machine T9+DH) and about the probable unit (Kommando Sommer, whose details we can find on your magnific site).
If memory does not fail me, there was a Dragon 1/72 kit with those same codes T9+DH.
It is always gratifying to see such rare pictures surface from time to time. We all learn and enjoy, even so not able to follow the bids...
Thank you again Gentlemen for the additional information and comments.
Yours,
Adriano