Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 4th October 2014, 04:47

Clint Mitchell is on a distinguished road
Re: Late-war Me262 Encounter over Northern Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry deZeng View Post
Thanks, Andreas. That's very helpful and just the comparison I was looking for.

L.
Dear Larry,

I am currently part of the team who has launched the new LRG (Luftwaffe Research Group) 'forum' in question. Due to the LEMB forum closing, several like minded individuals decided to start a new fresh forum dedicated to research into the history of the Luftwaffe. I hope that you will consider signing up to have a look around prior to passing judgement on our new venture. The reason for a members only viewing and posting system is so that we can ensure that the forum is not compromised by spammers. You are very much welcome to sign up to the our LRG forum, it is free of course. Given your experience and due to your exemplary published works on Luftwaffe history, I would be glad if you would consider contacting me via pm on the personal messaging system via this forum (TOCH), where I would be more than happy to manually register you onto our system.

Kind regards

Clint Mitchell
Old 4th October 2014, 14:49
Alter Hase

Larry deZeng will become famous soon enoughLarry deZeng will become famous soon enough

Hi Clint,

Thank you for your most gracious invitation and I will contact you by PM.

L.
Old 4th October 2014, 15:03

azapf1972 is on a distinguished road

To give the discussion a final touch, I have worked the sources during the night and this morning, happily putting "the case" in front of you.

www.chronicles-of-the-luftwaffe.de/?p=639

Andreas
Old 5th October 2014, 01:36
Alter Hase

Larry Hickey

Larry,

The Luftwaffe Research Group Is the successor to the LEMB, and is being created and moderated by most of the same people who helped Peter D. Evans moderate the LEMB Board. I know most of these people well and can attest to the high quality of the site and their research. It is based upon more recently developed software and I think it will make an outstanding contribution to our research field. I strongly encourage you to join.
Old 5th October 2014, 16:14
Alter Hase

Larry deZeng will become famous soon enoughLarry deZeng will become famous soon enough

Thank you for the recommendation, Larry. I have corresponded by PM with Clint M. concerning the new site and told him I would give registering priority consideration if time becomes available to join and contribute. Right now, finishing up my airfields project is my main concern. Thanks again.

Larry D.
Old 5th October 2014, 18:20

Erich

aza Cleavers account from Georg is only partially correct, like I told you privately wait for the book ..............

greetings.

E ~
Old 6th October 2014, 01:19
Alter Hase

Stig Jarlevik will become famous soon enough

Erich

We have been waiting for quite some years now for your book to appear.
Is it possible to get a more precise date when it is going to be published?

Cheers
Stig
Old 6th October 2014, 02:29

Erich

Greetings Stig, well things are moving slowly both G. and myself have gone and still going through cancer in our bodies so this has slowed things down to a stop more than normal but we are determined.....

thank you for asking

E ~
Old 6th October 2014, 08:49

azapf1972 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erich View Post
aza Cleavers account from Georg is only partially correct, like I told you privately wait for the book ..............

greetings.

E ~
Erich,

with all due respect: my intention was not to wait for your book, it was to continue my own work which is why I initially asked (and got a satisfying answer).

When your work becomes available, I will eagerly take a look to see where your material differs from mine - and stand corrected wherever your data proofs me wrong (which certainly can happen in many cases, given the thin documentation on the unit).

As shown above: from my perspective, the available data suggests that account may be correct (except maybe for the claim, if Jörg ever made it) and from my perspective, it is possible that is has happened just like Jörg described it (with some nuances).

Yes, the mentioned jets may have come from a different unit. Yes, the similarities might be coincidence. That is why I put my data out, available to be assessed by everyone to draw their own conclusions. People do not have to follow my thinking, or they may come up with additional/different data that contradicts my thinking.

History is not served well if information is hidden away in drawers and hard disks - it only comes to life when it is presented, discussed and assessed.

Andreas
Old 6th October 2014, 12:42
Alter Hase

Stig Jarlevik will become famous soon enough

Erich

Sorry to hear that. Hope things are going in the right direction for the two of you!

Best wishes
Stig