Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines

Books and Magazines Please use this forum to review or discuss books and magazines.

Old 15th October 2006, 08:30

marsyao
Re: Forthcoming book - Dragons on Bird Wings A Combat History of the 812th"Sevastopol"IAP

Thanks ! I already sent them an email
Old 16th October 2006, 03:44

Aviaeology1 is on a distinguished road
Re: Forthcoming book - Dragons on Bird Wings A Combat History of the 812th"Sevastopol"IAP

Hello everybody,
Just a quick note here to let you know that the examples of "Dragons on Bird Wings" available from Aviation World and Air Support Books and Hobbies were only a portion of their pre-orders which we fulfilled from the small advanced shipment we received from our printers. This came via air cargo prior to the main shipment coming via ship/rail (enroute and nearly here!).

If you find that they've run out, you'll be happy to know both of those vendors, as well as some half dozen others around the world (who have already spoken for pre-orders), should have their stock shortly. More stores are expressing interest as we get the word out, so don't hesitate to ask at your favourite bookseller / hobby shop.

If all goes well with Customs clearance of our bulk shipment this coming week, we will be fulfilling store orders within the next week.

Additionally, our website www.aviaeology.com will be live soon. There we will have a pre-order feature and shopping cart convenience. If you'd like to reserve your copy prior to the site going up, just email Alison on preorders@aviaeology.com with your name, full mailing address, and a return email address. She'll be happy to put you in queue (pre-orders save some on shipping), prepare your package, and then send you an email to arrange payment.

On behalf of the authors and myself, thanks for your encouragement and support.
Regards,
Terry @ Aviaeology
Old 16th October 2006, 19:39

marsyao

I just placed an order at http://www.aviationworld.net/Default.aspc=143019, they still have a few copies available
Old 17th October 2006, 17:03
Alter Hase

Dénes Bernád will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad Antipov View Post
Denes, in the separate chapter I have touched theme Hs.129 and I think you as the expert in this plane will find interesting moments, as well as all victories of pilots above Hs.129.
I am looking forward to buying a copy of your book, as soon as possible.

I made some extensive research related to this topic - even wrote a short study that awaits publication - so your findings would be most interesting.
Old 18th October 2006, 21:07

Andy Fletcher

Can someone who has already received the book tell me what the ISBN is.

Cheers

Andy Fletcher
Old 18th October 2006, 21:43

The ISBN is ISBN 0-9780696-0-9

and the MSRP is US$39.99

Cheers, Terry @ Aviaeology
Old 18th October 2006, 21:57

Andy Fletcher

Hi Terry,

Thanks for the info. I've just pre-ordered the book via Alison (very quick and efficient).

Best Regards

Andy Fletcher
Old 19th October 2006, 03:35

Hello again All:
The first itteration of our website is finally up... www.aviaeology.com All of the Dragons on Bird Wings bits are working with the exception of the PRE-ORDER form (MURPHY does indeed have laws!). I'm still trying to sort this out with our ISP, so in the meantime, if you wouldn't mind just simply emailing pre-orders to Alison at preorders@aviaeology.com with your info, she'll put you in queue.
Cheers,
Terry @ Aviaeology
Old 19th October 2006, 10:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviaeology1 View Post
Hello again All:
The first itteration of our website is finally up... www.aviaeology.com All of the Dragons on Bird Wings bits are working with the exception of the PRE-ORDER form (MURPHY does indeed have laws!). I'm still trying to sort this out with our ISP, so in the meantime, if you wouldn't mind just simply emailing pre-orders to Alison at preorders@aviaeology.com with your info, she'll put you in queue.
Cheers,
Terry @ Aviaeology
OK, the pre-order forms area is working now. Order away!
Thanks,
Terry
Old 2nd November 2006, 20:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviaeology1 View Post
OK, the pre-order forms area is working now. Order away!
Thanks,
Terry
The main shipment has arrived from the printers! The webiste - www.aviaeology.com - has been updated with removal of the PRE-ORDER option and an activated regular ADD TO CART button.

Folks who have pre-ordered will receive their processing page info within the next day or 2 as we prepare all of the orders for shipment.

A BIG THANK YOU to all here at 12 O'Clock High!http://www.aviaeology.com