Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 29th March 2006, 03:24

Arthur 'Digger' Arculus is on a distinguished road
Hptm. Heinz DEUSCHLE of 6/JG77 (Crete, Balkans, Italy)

Greetings,

Although I have used the RAF Commands and FeldGrau web sites extensively in the past and having now ‘found’ this site I will now embark upon my first posting if I may:-

Presently I am researching on a former WW2 Luftwaffe pilot, Hptm. Heinz Deuschle of 6/JG77 on behalf of a family member living here in New Zealand.

I have covered some of his earlier years (1940) but would now like to see if there is anyone who knows of 6/JG77 existence in Crete, Balkans and then into Italy or anything leading to Heinz Deuschle who suffered a ‘crash landing near Rome and was hospitalised/ convalescence for about two years, I have no dates.

He was back flying but with Stab. I/JG5 and was shot down and killed near St.Die, France near Strasburg by B17’s on 27 May 1944 when they also lost Major Carganico.

Thanks,

‘Digger’ Arculus
Old 29th March 2006, 15:41
Super Moderator

John Beaman is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Hptm. Heinz DEUSCHLE of 6/JG77 (Crete, Balkans, Italy)

Is this what you are looking for?

Bf 109E-7, WNr 3428, Deuschle, Oblt. Heinz, 6./JG 77, 06-Apr-41, Reported lost due to groundfire. Notlandung. Pilot returned 9.4. Prien says WNr. 4328.,Yugoslavia, Gen.Qu.6.Abt. (mfm #3)-Vol.4; Prien, et al, Die Jagdfliegerverbände, V, p.276; Prien, JG 77, I, p.494, bei Pancevo.
Old 30th March 2006, 00:52

Arthur 'Digger' Arculus is on a distinguished road
Re: Hptm. Heinz DEUSCHLE of 6/JG77 (Crete, Balkans, Italy)

[John,

Thanks very much indeed, especially the werk No. of his aircraft and date, well, in fact all that you sent. This was a puzzle to find out when he crash landed.

If you would like a 1939 photo of Heinz, just contact me awarculus@xtra.co.nz

Cheers Digger