Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 13th July 2018, 14:47
Alter Hase

RudiS is on a distinguished road
Re: eBAy: Captured german planes

Just the one today:

https://www.benl.ebay.be/itm/WWII-or...19.m1438.l2649
Old 15th July 2018, 11:05

Dennis Peschier is an unknown quantity at this point

According to “Crashed Enemy Aircraft Report 269” 3 Bf110G’s were found in the Krefeld marshaling yard.
They were reported to be:

RR+EF G9+BZ 440 260
SN+YO G9+LS 108 403
GQ+GW G9+ES 730 259

I haven’t got the original report at hand to check because the photograph does not show a ES or BZ
Old 15th July 2018, 23:41
Alter Hase

Snautzer will become famous soon enough

Ju88 RAF roundel https://www.ebay.com/itm/WWII-German...gAAOSwKAJbQpjY
Bf109G trop https://www.ebay.com/itm/G-I-Snap-Sh...kAAOSwsh5bQnUo
Fw190 https://www.ebay.com/itm/WWII-photo-...UAAOSwxDtbRiKy
Old 18th July 2018, 00:52
Alter Hase

RudiS is on a distinguished road

https://www.benl.ebay.be/itm/G-I-pos...19.m1438.l2649

https://www.benl.ebay.be/itm/G-I-Sna...19.m1438.l2649
Old 18th July 2018, 02:21
Alter Hase

edNorth is on a distinguished road

Please dear friends.

I have complaint. Your / eBay listings here / are causing us who collect them pay more, and fight each others - and I have recieved complaints about that from three other collectors - and IDs from here have been used used "as excuse" to raise start-prices. Seriously.

Most/many of your listings are also not all that intresting, also many are well known, like Ju 88 PI+SX abowe, his brothers and sisters, have been mentioned or posted on many times, and not worthy of further discussion. These are wrecks and have no further history but scrapping. Period.

I urge you to show some restraint, as I find this eBay posting on TOCH! is becoming kind of advertizing board, and raising prises on us. Recent confirmation is where a poster asked for info, and seller of next picture in lot raised price dramatically. Then marked is skewed, and those not knowing or visiting this board are at a disadvantage.

I urge you to show great restraint in posting, please ask your friends or experts by normal email if item really is historical, questionable or even worthy of posting. And writing designation wrongly is ... lousy. Laziness.

I ask because nearly everybody with age 9 knowledge of German and Google fu can do it themselvs. Here is how to do it. You do not need to register. Looking is free (pay internet provider for certain amount of data?, use eBay as fillup on unused bytes).

Samples: https://www.ebay.de/ https://www.ebay.com/

German words worthy of search are "Flugzeug" & "Foto" etc. Make your own list of words, pin it to board next to computer and start searching. Its eazy and fun. New item´s every week. I rarely miss a interesting item.

Then using words like "Heinkel", "Dornier", and you will see many items that seller do not even care of listing their by correct subject. Looking for "Junkers", you also need check "Heinkel", "Dornier" etc.

Ed

Last edited by edNorth; 18th July 2018 at 04:17.
Old 18th July 2018, 04:25
Alter Hase

ouidjat is on a distinguished road

Sorry Ed,

Are you the "Temple's guard"?
For how many years TOCH is giving eBay listing? For which reason this suddenly start to be a problem, and for who?
I think we are here to exchange comments about new pictures to give or to read explanations about all members interests.
And if you don't like pictures already put in auction times ago, just think you are not the only member of this forum thus, for some, if not many, members these pictures are new.

I own you an advice: If you don't like it .. leave it. Isn't it a good idea?
If you believe - I mean really believe - that talking about new auctions may raise the interest, hence the prices, you're wrong.

If one is ready to put 1230 Euros for an early K-4 or 3730 Euros for a rare Me262 authentic (sic) picture - amazingly it's the same guy in fact - it's his own problem and he doesn't care about what we are talking about here.
And do you know why? For a simple reason: He and other bidders are looking for rarities WITHOUT our help! And the prices will raise the same way.

Be good!
Old 18th July 2018, 06:45

Vince Malfara is on a distinguished road

Hi ChristianK
Are you referring to the post#1128 Me262's?
Regards

Vince...
Old 18th July 2018, 08:33
Alter Hase

Marc-André Haldimann will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by edNorth View Post
No, I Sorry you ouidjat

Do not write such words. Do not attack me for beeing the messenger. I see things and I do write about then. Why list eBay?

There has been such complains before. This was problem on other boards. Why should it be trouble free here. This is not new. This is not suddenly, complaints of strange happenings of eBay and strange things have been raised.

And how do you dare call me "Temple Guard". Thats cruel. Mean. Bully to be precise. And incorrect. If you dont like my posts, then do not read or answer them.
You can not give advice, you need take advice.

This evilbay craziness must be toned down considerably. Freedom of speech is reason. But often only poste here are these postings. Like cornfake ads in (US) telivision... boring, boring, boring.
Scrapdealers asking for serials on their scrap, to increase its value. Still just scrap. And these that think all scrap found in S or SW France can be or should be posted and indentified. Nope, sorry.

You do not follow. You do not buy anything. You are not doing any research or writing or publishing anything. Have you ever gone to any main (WW2 stuff holding) library and done research.
No author ojid.. listed anywhere. Why are you here throwing shit at people doing the gritty work?

You just write bullshit here. You do not know what is rare, or phony auchions are done out there. There is lots of crazy people.
Do you really belive this price was paid? Don´t be so simple. I see and hear phony arguments every time. The best are often relatively cheap, but crap is sold too high to them innocents, especially after postings here.

I have "lost" valuable items to my reseach this way. Are you one of them sellers (like on .be) listing his items for better sales ...

Yours and everybodys loss in the end, because many buy these pictures, they disappear, and are never published because new owner really has no means of publishing them in any reasonable way.

But you do not know what is good or not. You only see Bf or Me (mainstream) and do not care about anything other. You are maybe one of the problems here?

Never in agreement, never writing nicely, and often trying making mock of others.. And writing designations wrong.

You know better oder should try.

Besides you are disgracing this forum with your comment tonight. Period.
I do not care about Bf 109 this and that, you write. (Me262 as you write, is pityful to see) and that is really YOUR PROBLEM, do not try make it MY problem

Sorry, your complaint comment on my comment is not based on real facts. You just try please your friends - do your own research or eBay search. If you are not too lazy to do that. I do not care.
Proof is just out there. Discussion is out there now. Sorry. You just do not listen or ignore warning signs. If you like to explode on someone, be free to do so.

Just do no harm. Your comment does not hurt me at all.

Ed

PS: do not do Steal-your-sell-info-book.crap
The way you answer to Ouidjat is - unfortunately for you - your signature. Time for a moderator to kindly look at your manners in this forum ?

Sincerely
Marc
Old 18th July 2018, 09:52
Alter Hase

Roger Gaemperle is on a distinguished road

I am one who collects and who also does research.

First, people are free to post anything they like (as long as it is legal content of course, which is the case with aircraft photos).

Then, while at first I was afraid that such listings would increase prices, I did not notice any increase. Prices went up and down over time when new collectors joined the marked or old ones left. For the most sought after photos it is often the same small group of collectors who would have found them anyways and may not even check this thread. As far as I’m concerned, I did find about 80-90% myself and of the remaining 10/20% there were only few where I bid. So, why do I read and support this thread at all then?

That brings me to in my opinion the best argument to continue this thread: often the TOCH community collectively revealed interesting new insights about many of these photos. The collective knowledge is much larger than any individual’s.

So, please continue and thanks all for your insight and contributions.

Old 18th July 2018, 10:38
Alter Hase

Snautzer will become famous soon enough

Dont feed a throll.