Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Obituaries

Obituaries Please use this forum to post obituary listings and death notices.

Old 1st April 2015, 20:14

Joe Peterburs is on a distinguished road
Oberleutnant Walter Schuck passes

It is with great sorrow that I inform you of the passing of my friend Walter Schuck on Saturday 28 March 2015.
Old 1st April 2015, 22:33

Raimo Malkamäki is on a distinguished road
Re: Oberleutnant Walter Schuck passes

Dear Mr Peterburs,

this was very sad news.

I had a special honour spending 3 days with Mr Schuck when he was visiting Finland together with Hans-Ekkehard Bob and Peter Spoden in March 2009. Walter appeared at least 10–15 years younger than his real age (89) back then. He was very eager to tell about his experiences in northern Finland and Norway during the war. That visit in March 2009 was his first and last visit to Finland after the war. During our flight with the Finnish Air Force CASA C-295M from Helsinki to Jyväskylä Walter absolutely wanted to take a look in the cockpit and also see the Finnish winter landscape from the air, after 65 years. The young Finnish pilots had no objections after they heard about his background.

Of those three wonderful gentlemen, only Peter is still with us today.

I will remember the rest of my life the moment when these three veterans were laying flowers on the grave of their former German comrades at the Hietaniemi cemetery, Helsinki.

Horrido!

Raimo Malkamäki
Old 3rd April 2015, 21:44

VtwinVince is on a distinguished road

RIP Herr Oberleutnant. Schuck received his training under my uncle at the Ergaenzungsgruppe in 1941, and I had a long correspondence with him since the 1980's. Always a true gentleman.
Old 5th April 2015, 16:23
Alter Hase

DavidIsby will become famous soon enoughDavidIsby will become famous soon enough

http://www.argunners.com/luftwaffe-a...k-passed-away/
Old 9th April 2015, 00:46
Alter Hase

DavidIsby will become famous soon enoughDavidIsby will become famous soon enough

https://www.warhistoryonline.com/war...sses-away.html